I'm the Mike

The threat of the Saints run game

The fight for the NFC South is still well under way, but Brett Kollmann gives a good analysis of why the saints offense is thriving and what Luke Kuechly and Steve Wilkes must be thinking about when we will have to shut it down in week 13.

In some ways our offenses are similar in that we have  good interior linemen at the guards, a tailback in Stewart, an elusive halfback with CMC, some speed at WR, a young talented WR1 with height, and a MVP caliber QB.

Defensively I think we outmatch them, but they have talented corners and seem to be better up front.

To me the Saints and the Vikings will be our last real TEST for this team and will give us a good indication of how we will play in the playoffs. If we continue to build momentum we will have a lot to be excited about in December.

Edited by I'm the Mike
  • Pie 1

I think we have a better defense and they have a better offense, just like in the past.  Difference is that the talent level is closer on both sides of the ball than in years past.  

• Pie 2

If the Panthers can build on what they did offensively to the Dolphins we have a very good chance of winning. Wilks Payton matchup will be fun. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten the ass woopen Payton gave him last time. 

Edited by Snake
  • Pie 3

The Saints ran a lot of motion, that had our LB's panicking and out of their rush lanes. 

Edited by Tarheels23

7 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Panthers run game will be better with Olsen returning & CAP getting more carries

Panthers DL will dominate the Saints OL

Kinda like they dominated in the first game right?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 2

4 minutes ago, TheTruth1887 said:

Kinda like they dominated in the first game right?

Both teams are a lot better now than the first meeting. This game willl be a lot different.