• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ecu88

Arm GM and Coach Time

Post your most realistic scenario that you want to happen. State who to cut, who to extend/restructure, who to resign/top priority, who to draft (1st - 3rd rds) and 53 roster.

Cut: CJ, Fozzy, Shepard 

Extend: Funchess, Shaq (cheaper than tag), Daryl Williams 

Restructure: JStew (not the most popular idea but he has 1 more yr in him; 2yr)

Top Priority: Resign Norwell and Peppers

Outside FA:

Moncrief - young/cheap/tall/fast/td machine (our cap is not as good as huddlers think) but a 4 yr vet with upside.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/30/indianapolis-colts-donte-moncrief-good-catching-touchdowns/

Kyle Williams (gap stop) DT - great run stuffer but is up in age.

Draft: (1st - 3rd rd)

1st pick) Maurice Hurst DL (I probably get butchered but he screams out to me as an o line wrecker; tweener DE/DT about same size of CJ; projections high 1 to 3 rd). This will make new DC smile bigly.

2nd pick) Hayden Hurst TE. Versatile, tough, and pretty good on a horrible team. Downside 25 at the start of the season but would be an upgrade over Ed and be amazing paired with Olsen then to be the future. 

https://www.seccountry.com/south-carolina/444666/amp

“He’s primarily used as a flexed-out tight end or off the ball as the ‘move’ tight end in the Gamecocks offense. He has outstanding play speed, showing the ability to consistently separate from linebackers and safeties. He also has a good understanding of working in zones and presenting a big target to the quarterback. Hurst tracks the ball naturally and he’s shown the ability to attack the ball at the highest point.

South Carolina-Hayden Hurst One NFL analyst compared Hayden Hurst to Greg Olsen. (Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)

“Hurst also offers tremendous upside. He played minor-league baseball for two years before walking on at South Carolina and is just scratching the surface of what he can become on the football field. Hurst is a junior, but he did walk out with the seniors during South Carolina’s last home game and is expected to apply for early eligibility into the 2018 NFL Draft. He will be in the mix to be the top tight end selected.

“I see a lot of similarities to Greg Olsen in his play.”

3rd pick) Frank Ragnow C aka Ryan Kalil's replacement in 2019. Good quick read below.

http://thedraftster.com/2018-nfl-scouting-report-frank-ragnow/

4th pick (2nd in the 3rd rd)) Kyzir White SS (next year draft Coleman's successor)

http://www.draftblaster.com/2018-NFL-Draft/positions-defense/safety/kyzir-white-s-west-virginia/

Roster in general:

QB - Cam, Gilbert 

RB - JStew, CMC, CAP

FB - Armah

TE - Olsen, Hurst, Manhertz *

WR - Funchess, Moncrief, Samuel, Byrd*, Bersin*, Clay*

T - M Kalil, D Williams, Moton

G - Turner, Norwell, Larsen*, Van Roten*

C - R Kalil, Ragnow

DE - Addison, Horton, Peppers, Hall, Obada

DT - KK, Butler, K Williams, Love

DL - Maurice 

LB - Keuchly, TD, Shaq, Mayo, Jacobs, Norris

FS - Coleman, Adams

SS - White, Jones

CB - Bradberry, Worley, Captain, Corn, Seymour, Gunter*

LS - Jansen

K - Gano

P - Palardy

* team resigns that should not cost an arm and a leg for quality depth.

One last thing: Maurice Hurst brings versatility to the DL and helps make the DL as whole potentially better.

NASCAR package: Peppers - Hurst - Butler- KK

Heavy Hybrid package: KK - Love - KWilliams - Butler

Thoughts?

*5th edit* not my day at recalling players on my cellphone. Igo when you fixing the app?

DE depth

DE1: Addison, Maurice 

DE2: Horton, Hall

Situational Pass Rush DE: Peppers, Obada

1st String DTs: KK, Butler

2nd String DTs: Love, K Williams

Situationl Pass Rush DT: Maurice

1 hour ago, ecu88 said:

Post your most realistic scenario that you want to happen. State who to cut, who to extend/restructure, who to resign/top priority, who to draft (1st - 3rd rds) and 53 roster.

Cut: CJ, Fozzy, Shepard 

Extend: Funchess, Shaq (cheaper than tag), Daryl Williams 

Restructure: JStew (not the most popular idea but he has 1 more yr in him; 2yr)

Top Priority: Resign Norwell and Peppers

Roster in general:

QB - Cam, Gilbert 

RB - JStew, CMC, CAP

FB - Armah

TE - Olsen, Hurst, Manhertz *

WR - Funchess, Moncrief, Samuel, Byrd*, Bersin*, Clay*

T - M Kalil, D Williams, Moton

G - Turner, Norwell, Larsen*, Van Roten*

C - R Kalil, Ragnow

DE - Addison, Horton, Peppers, Hall, Obada

DT - KK, Butler, K Williams, Hurst 

LB - Keuchly, TD, Shaq, Mayo, Jacobs, Norris

FS - Coleman, Adams

SS - White, Jones

CB - Bradberry, Worley, Captain, Corn, Seymour, Gunter*, Cole

LS - Jansen

K - Gano

P - Palardy

* team resigns that should cost an arm and a leg for quality depth.

One last thing: Maurice Hurst brings versatility to the DL and helps make the DL as whole potentially better.

NASCAR package: Peppers - Hurst - Butler- KK

Heavy Hybrid package: KK - Love - Butler - Hurst

Thoughts?

I agree that Norwell and Peppers are musts, which, in turn, probabyl means Star is gone. I like the idea of Kyle Williams coming in to provide some experience and beef at DT and probably at a good value

I'm getting rid of Stew along with the others you mentioned.

I really want Allen Robinson but I bet he gets tagged or is just plain pricey. Landry will probably get paid, too. I'd go after Marquise Lee to start with Funch and then hope Byrd, Samuel, or Draftee can deliver as WR3.

Sign Lemarcus Joyner at FS.

Draft:

1 Ronnie Harrison SS

2 Anthony Miller WR

3 Dallas Goedert TE

3 LJ Scott RB

1 minute ago, imminent rogaine said:

I agree that Norwell and Peppers are musts, which, in turn, probabyl means Star is gone. I like the idea of Kyle Williams coming in to provide some experience and beef at DT and probably at a good value

I'm getting rid of Stew along with the others you mentioned.

I really want Allen Robinson but I bet he gets tagged or is just plain pricey. Landry will probably get paid, too. I'd go after Marquise Lee to start with Funch and then hope Byrd, Samuel, or Draftee can deliver as WR3.

Sign Lemarcus Joyner at FS.

Draft:

1 Ronnie Harrison SS

2 Anthony Miller WR

3 Dallas Goedert TE

3 LJ Scott RB

I can dig it. LJ Scott could be a good back for us in the draft. Ronnie Harrison is really good. With Washington being our new DC and Norv being the new OC I see either DL early and a WR/TE early. I do not know much about Dallas Goedert, I saw some of his body work (not just highlights) but did not dig further. Miller is interesting. 

Just now, ecu88 said:

I can dig it. LJ Scott could be a good back for us in the draft. Ronnie Harrison is really good. With Washington being our new DC and Norv being the new OC I see either DL early and a WR/TE early. I do not know much about Dallas Goedert, I saw some of his body work (not just highlights) but did not dig further. Miller is interesting. 

My draft knowlege is completely limited to highlight videos. Goedert is tall, athletic, and can catch. He's also got the whole hey-he-used-to-play-basketball-one-time story line to keep area sports writers busy.

Isn't Gano a Free Agent? Doubtful we sign him for what someone will pay so free agency or draft for a kicker?

Also Palardy is an Exclusive Rights Free Agent so he will cost some money too.

1 minute ago, Moorgan said:

Isn't Gano a Free Agent? Doubtful we sign him for what someone will pay so free agency or draft for a kicker?

Gano what about 4 mill and Palardy 1.5 maybe 2? 

RB would commandat least 5 for decent.

DT like Star prob 8 to 10.

WR like Allen R from Jax 12 and Lee prob 6 to 8. Moncrief I can see 5 to 7. Donte unlike RS we signed last offseason has results. 

Push JStew to extend restruct from his 6 mill down to 3 and 3 which means zero dead next year.

Just my reasoning :)

Food for thought...

We have 15-20 mil in extra cap.

We can cut Stew and get another 3.7.

We can cut CJ and gain 3.2.

We need a Kicker.  Gano cost 4m last year.  He won't be cheaper this year.

Star will probably get 8m.  I think he's gone.

Norwell will probably get 10m.  I think he's out of our range.

Peppers will probably cost 4m or so.  I think that is a done deal.  We can use the savings from cutting CJ.

Other guys that may cost us more than the minimum is replacements for Dickson, Anderson, Palardy, and if we want them, - Byrd and Clay.

So 20 million isn't going to net us much if we re-sign Peppers and cut Johnson.  We'll need some of this to sign our draft picks (maybe 5m).  This may leave us room to sign 1-2 decent free agents and a somewhat reliable back QB.  My preference would be a WR like Decker, A run stuffer like Ngata, and maybe a decent backup QB that can buy us a game or two if Cam gets hurt (TJ Yates?).  We're just not in a position to snag guys like Robinson, Landry, Norwell, or even Watkins.  I think they will be too expensive.

Draft

We will desperately need a G for Norwell.  Price is a C/G guy.  We'll need a C next year probably so getting him would fill multiple needs.  If we can slide back a few spots (but stay in the first) and pick up an extra 4th or 5th, that would be ideal as Price is really more of a early second round guy I believe. 

I'd use our second on a Safety - Maybe Anderson from Alabama (I've seen him projected around 54, we have pick 55).

We will need to use the draft to fill the holes for cutting Stew and not re-signing Dickson.  I'd use the 3rds here to get best available.

We also should draft a Kicker sometime late and this time not just cut him like a dumbass.  Otherwise we'll have to pay someone 3-4 million.

The rest of the picks probably will not make a difference.

Cut: Kaelin Clay, Mike Adams,  J. Stewart. 

Extend: Greg Olsen and Shaq Thompson

RD 1: Sam Hubbard Ohio St. DE . He's a 6ft 5 pass rusher who can hold down his gap but also get to the QB. Isn't seen as a blazing fast end but he has a motor and is in on every play practically. He's really active with his hands and is strong he can alter or redirect linemen. Could be a Joey Bosa 2.0, and seems like a good character guy which means he's coachable. He's not going to be seen as overly flashy but I think he'd provide some younger blood at the end/ pass rusher position. He's a guy who can play every down and isn't going to come out he's got the so called "dog" in him. He's one of those guys who can go no where but up. 

RD 2: Deshon Elliott Texas Safety. Carolina's weak link is certainly the secondary. They were ranked dead last in the last few weeks. Elliot is a physical guy at 6ft-2 210 pds, he can get in the back field and can get to the QB which is a plus for a safety. Does well at disrupting timing routes he's got solid instincts. He had 6 ints this year which was 4th in the nation, he's a ball hawk. He can play over the top and even step into the box and be a hybrid. Also, I love he's got a cockiness about him he doesn't back down. As a DB you got to have short term memory and move on to the next down.  He's going to come at you all 4 quarters. 

RD 3: Herculeus Mata'afa Wash. St. DE/LB. This guy is really seen as a project and his stock is rising but he can straight up get to the passer. May not have a whole lot of fancy moves but he goes full on Braveheart when rushing the QB, dude is simply a Football Guy. He's "undersized" at 6ft 2 to play defensive end and is seen as more of a outside LB. But I think his upside is great don't see this guy being a bust unless he has injury/ off field issues. I love his tenacity and he has the quickness to beat any tackle in the league. If they put him in the right position he'll be a beast. Melvin Ingram, who I think he's comparable to is a DE/LB who is 6 foot, the whole size thing is overrated you can ball or you can't. He was a 2017 consensus all american, held the record for 22.5 TFL in a season at Wash. St, and had the 4th most sacks in WSU history (Only a Jr.). 

Free agency:

I think they get even more versatile and speedy at running back and give a 2 year deal to Darren Sproles. Him and McCaffrey would be a absolute headache for coordinators because of their versatility. My philosophy is speed kills and we have to get faster on offense, we looked like one of the slower teams in the NFC. Oh yeah and he's reunited with old HC Norv Turner who was the master at getting the best out of "swiss army knife" Sproles. 

This maybe the worst draft for receivers I've seen in a while, so FA is critical. I think someone with speed and who can separate is just what Cam needs. Jordan Matthews is a player who could revitalize his career here. He showed bright spots early on with the Eagles and then went to Buffalo to die. He's got 4.4 speed and he's got size at 6ft 3, he can high point the ball in the end zone as well. I really feel like he's versatile and can run any route on the route tree. He'd be a affordable acquisition as well. 

2 hours ago, Moorgan said:

We drafted one last year, Hurney got dis.