Photo
- - - - -

Best movies you stumbled upon?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#31 2shy

2shy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:40 PM

timing played a role in this: hot fuzz
count of monte cristo 2002

what i got right now, much more just cannt remember.

one that burned a hole in my brain was a magnum pi episode , where a chinese man haunts down a priceless vase. He has tatoos in his palms and a master of deathly skills. beats the poo out of pi. just awesome. If they would turn that into a movie, 500 mill easy, bank it!

#32 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,549 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:29 AM

I like more obscure movies, and you probably couldn't get more obscure than this one.

Maybe it's because I can't walk any longer, but I found their gymnatic movements so fluid!

THE GYMNAST:

When an injury ends her career as a gymnast, Jane (Dreya Weber) falls back into lackluster job and a passionless marriage. That is, until she begins work on an aerial act with another beautiful gymnast (Addie Yungmee) and feels the stirrings of unexpected love. But can the women's act and relationship survive their powerful newfound attraction?

Edited by sports talk, 21 January 2010 - 02:32 AM.

#33 Acewalker

Acewalker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:31 AM

Well, I didn't stumble across this movie while flipping through channels, but rather searching for certain genres of movies that were rated high, just ones that I hadn't heard of. Anways, Oldboy:

Posted Image

It's a Korean flick so you have to read subtitles, but it's worth it

#34 zebrainz

zebrainz

Puddytats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:13 AM

Edmond (2005), William H. Macy

Dark film. Stumbled across it late night one weekend a couple of years ago after watching too much bright, shiny, happy, processed brain food tv during the week. It's basically about how a 9-5 clockpuncher's life descends into utter chaos in the space of one night, caused by a chain of unlikely events. Definitely got the laff trak taste out of my mouth.

#35 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,146 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:48 AM

Posted Image

#36 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:01 AM

There was a movie with the kid from Grease2 and Charlie Sheen years ago where these two high school kids go driving either to Vegas or L.A. one day and one thing leads to another and soon they're on a killing spree. Sheen ends up killing the other guy at the end.

#37 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,146 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:05 AM

2 1/2 Men?

#38 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:08 AM

Posted Image

#39 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:56 AM

Saw this on Showtime a couple of years back, ever since then whenever it comes on I have to watch it.

Posted Image

#40 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:29 AM

The Host, Mongol, and Rogue.

Edited by Wanderlai, 21 January 2010 - 11:33 AM.

#41 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:30 AM

The Couch Trip with Dan Akroyd

#42 Jangler

Jangler

that funky feeling to get you through

• HUDDLER
  • 47,821 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:09 PM

Last week I got a movie from Netflix. All the top movies I'm waiting for are on wait, so instead of getting a movie I have already seen , I got "Inkheart" And it was very good, I thought....for a Brendan Fraser movie.

A voiceover tells us that storytellers have always existed, but there are the rare few who are "Silvertongues" who can bring characters to life. Often, they don't know they possess the gift.

Mortimer Folchart (Brendan Fraser) is sitting with his wife, Resa (Sienna Guillory). They are trying to calm their baby girl down for bed, so Mo picks a book to read: Little Red Riding Hood. As he is reading aloud, things shake and move slightly (only noticed by Mo), and a red riding hood falls into the back yard onto their clothesline.

Twelve years later, Mo and his daughter, Meggie (Eliza Hope Bennet), are on their way to another old bookshop (as always, because Meggie expresses the wish to go to modern bookshops where they can have hot coco, etc.) in Germany. But Mo loves old books. Meggie says that maybe he will find the old book he is always looking for. Apparently, he always scours every corner of old bookshops looking for a very specific old book that he has never been able to find. Mo heads into an old shop while Meggie waits outside in the street looking at other books.

http://www.imdb.com/...494238/synopsis

#43 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:43 PM

The Accidental Tourist, Ordinary People, Sunshine (2007)

#44 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:28 PM

One eyed monster - Caught this on showtime, features Ron Jeremy. It's a must see.

Thought that was good? Really? I acquired it, watched it and deleted it almost as quickly. Worse than a B movie even though it was trying to be one.

As to the original question...

"The Field" with Richard Harris and Sean Bean

#45 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:29 PM

Trojan War

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com