Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

panthersphan

Just for fun - If you could rename the Panthers

188 posts in this topic

I would rename them the North Carolina Panthers. Maybe then Charleston will get an expansion team. They need some money down there. Plus we all know that the Panthers are really North Carolina's team. They play in Charlotte and they are based there.

I like um as the Carolina Panthers!

If Charleston got a team (Which would be fudging ridiculously sweet)....Charleston Jetliners? (Get it, Boeing?!)

Or the Lowcountry Pirates....

Or the Palmetto Sailfish?

Carolina Cougars goes back to the World Football League in the early 70's.

What I named my 1st Fantasy team back in the late 80's.

I like Carolina Panthers,but if I had to change it,maybe Carolina copperheads,somebody already picked that,or Carolina moonshiners.Of course the upstanding,church people wouldn't have it w/ that name and rename it the Carolina evangelicals!

thats the part I never understood about the Panthers...when I think Panthers, North Carolina really doesn't jump to my mind...I mean, is there a big panther population roaming the wilds of Raleigh or Charlotte? Please, fill me in on this name selection. I am with panthersphan, I think it's cool when teams are named after something that represents the city, or the region and the panther thing just never made sense to me.

Isn't a "panther" technically like a misidentified cougar or leopard. I saw on discovery channel one time that a Panther is really just the black version of several species of animals.

Maybe we should be the Carolina Misidentified Cougars.

I saw on discovery channel one time that a Panther is really just the black version of several species of animals.

And to think: King Taharqa thinks Jerry Richardson is racist. :rolleyes: