Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Name Change?

234 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Should-Michael-Jordan-rename-the-Bobcats-;_ylt=AmK4P4WOmBnDo2gbEI53hpK8vLYF?urn=nba,224974

Over the weekend Michael Jordan bought himself a nice little belated birthday present — the Charlotte Bobcats. Seems like a nice gift, right? But almost immediately, Jordan will be presented with the franchise's most pressing issue.

If Michael Jordan listens to his customers, and potential customers, he'll seriously consider a name change from "Bobcats" once his purchase of Charlotte's NBA franchise is complete.

Posted · Report post

So is he going to change it to the Flight? Does anyone think he will change? I don't see it happening.

Posted · Report post

hmmm, Interesting. I wouldn't mind it myself...Though the Bobcat name has kind of grown on me..

Posted · Report post

The names that have been suggested...

-Dragons

-Flight

-Hornets

-Cougars

All of those are really corny except for maybe the Cougars, and thats still a "cat". The fans voted on this already when we got the team and chose Bobcats. These names were also suggested for the Hornets franchise before Shinn settled on the Hornets. There is no need for a name change or mascot change or logo change 6 years in. We are fine as is. Bobcats are indiginous to our state and region and our mascot's name is RUFUS. OK City Thunder's logo, color scheme, and name are cheesy as fug but no one cares or is complaining right now because they are winning.

Posted · Report post

It would be cool but then what would I do with all my Bobcats gear and other stuff I got??

Posted · Report post

i think maybe a redesign of the logo, i like the nickname or at least it has grown on me. The logo needs to have something that separates it. For example (ik everyone hates comparing to the panthers, fwiw) the Panthers logo is suppose to resemble the outline of north and south carolina together. Maybe the bobcats should use something that goes towards charlotte or the region like the "queen city" design in the old coliseum that is still seen around the city. A good example is like user Bobcats_BAll's avatar is pretty cool.

Posted · Report post

i think maybe a redesign of the logo, i like the nickname or at least it has grown on me. The logo needs to have something that separates it. For example (ik everyone hates comparing to the panthers, fwiw) the Panthers logo is suppose to resemble the outline of north and south carolina together. Maybe the bobcats should use something that goes towards charlotte or the region like the "queen city" design in the old coliseum that is still seen around the city. A good example is like user Bobcats_BAll's avatar is pretty cool.

Totally agree, they need to start using the C more often, its pretty sweet. I didnt even know it was a part of our logo until I bought that hat I showed in the other thread.

Posted · Report post

Totally agree, they need to start using the C more often, its pretty sweet. I didnt even know it was a part of our logo until I bought that hat I showed in the other thread.

Yes, I think the C logo should be at least an alt jersey.

Posted · Report post

The names that have been suggested...

-Dragons

-Flight

-Hornets

-Cougars

Out of those I'd choose the Flight. But a name I really like is the Spiders. Instead of the Hive as or arena we can refer to as Charlotte's Web.

But I just don't see it happening either way.

Posted · Report post

Out of those I'd choose the Flight. But a name I really like is the Spiders. Instead of the Hive as or arena we can refer to as Charlotte's Web.

But I just don't see it happening either way.

You are kidding, right?

Posted · Report post

I like the Knights. Queen City. Knights.

Much cooler than Bobcats or Flight. Think about it, on the back of the jerseys they could put the players first names...

Sir Gerald

Sir Raymond

Sir Tyrus

Posted · Report post

BOBCATS_BALL! - i LOVE the logo you have as your picture....we DEFINITELY need a NEW LOGO...

The name, at first wasn't a fan, I guess it's grown on me a bit...isn't the "worst" though I would much rather have something that made sense w/ the city of Charlotte.

Charlotte Royals!!

Charlotte Crowns

Charlotte Knights isn't bad, though we already have that team.

We should name them the Knights and then relocate the KC Royals to Charlotte..Queen City Royals and Knights! Dreaming for sure.

Maybe Stearn will just hook up the best thing that's ever happened to the NBA, Michael Jordan, and give us the "Hornets" name back...I mean hell, it wasn't Shinn's idea, he wanted to be the "Charlotte Spirit" and the city said NO and suggested the "Hornets" FACT.