• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 cutelittlecardsfan

cutelittlecardsfan

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:53 PM

I keep telling the folks on our MB this, and I wish I could send an e-mail to all of our players.

The WORST possible thing we can do as a team is get in this preposterous mindset that we somehow gave away the last game.

We were certainly in position to beat you guys, unfortunately that game followed the fomula of just about every other Cardinals/Panthers game I've ever seen.

Here it is:

Panthers come out a little slow.

Cardinals get an early lead.

Panthers right the ship start to come back.

Cardinals start making mistakes.

ENTER: Steve Smith, BIG PLAY, TD, GAME OVER.

You guys BEAT us last time, plain and simple. Same way you always beat us. I really wish Antrel would just shutup and go watch film.... Shouldn't he be in church praying for Q's hammy?

#17 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:00 PM

So how cute are you really?

Pretty smart. :yesnod:

PS -- we don't come out slow anymore. :)

#18 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:20 PM

Thank God!!!.. I thought we might come out flat again. Thank you Antrell Rolle. :)

#19 Munkey

Munkey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:44 PM

Antrel Rolle is ending up like a poor mans version of Deangelo Hall.

Absolute trash in tackling and coverage but gets a lucky bounce here and there and picks up a random fumble and runs it back for a touchdown and thinks he's gods gift to football because he came from Miami.

He wont last much longer than Hall did before he starts to get thrown around to the Raiders and such.

#20 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,795 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:52 PM

Rolle sounds like an idiot :rolleyes:

#21 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:58 PM

im a little nervous about ARZ, they way they shutdown Turner last week..
i know our running attack is completely different than ATLs is, but if they do take away the run game - Can Jake and Smitty win it for us??

#22 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:26 PM

I would be shocked if Steve Smith doesn't take offense to Rolle's statements. It ain't smart to poke the bear.

Remember back in 05 when the Bears and Giants both had a couple of players with something to say before they faced the Panthers in the play offs?

#23 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,394 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

im a little nervous about ARZ, they way they shutdown Turner last week..
i know our running attack is completely different than ATLs is, but if they do take away the run game - Can Jake and Smitty win it for us??

They sold out on the run and Ryan was too confused to figure out how to take advantage of it. Happens every year to young QB's in their first playoff game.

Throw on the fact Turner looked out of gas, and you have a "dominant" run D.

If they try to load the box like that with Delhomme, expect to see Smitty streaking by whomever's so unlucky as to try to cover him without help.

#24 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

Not to mention that Arizona apparently knew the snap count and actually got away with jumping off sides a couple of times. It's hard to run the ball when the D-line gets to the hole faster than the O-line does.

#25 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,394 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:45 PM

The sack that caused the fumble for a TD looked as close as you can get to offsides.

#26 PantherEagle91

PantherEagle91

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:47 PM

They win one game against a rookie QB and a fluke Falcon team that only did good because everyone was looking down on them this year and they suddenly think they are an elite NFC team?:confused::confused:

#27 DecrypticShadow

DecrypticShadow

GIF and YouTube Scavenger...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

Ya until Deangelo woke up and destroyed teams...I love this kinda bulletin board material makes my man Smitty Pissed more than usual..cant wait!!

Yea the funny thing is.. This was only in week 8 before we hit our stride and realized our full potential. Our running game has done nothing but improve throughout the year. Arizona had but just a taste of what we can do on the ground and if they think they are ready for our running game, they have ANOTHER thing coming.

**EDIT**

I just noticed in the highlights from the game earlier this year. You see at the end Jake shaking hands with other Cardinals players and Antrel Rolle totally ignores him and walks the other way. What a little BITCH!!!

Edited by DecrypticShadow, 05 January 2009 - 05:06 PM.

#28 Cardinal Nation

Cardinal Nation

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:33 PM

Whilst I haven't heard anything about this, I wish Antrel would shut the hell up if it is true. We are major dogs, and Whisenhunt will not tolerate this crap. He is a firm believer of letting your game do the talking.

Plus, the reason that Steve Smith scored that long TD catch and run is because Antrel went for the knockout hit rather than wrapping up, and got shown up by Smith.

I do think that this defense is playing better at the moment than it was when we met you guys last time. Rolle took some time to get used to the safety position, but seems to have played it much better than he did in the regular season games. DRC is also a welcome addition, replacing Eric Green, who was getting beat worse than a 3rd grade math geek

#29 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,969 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:46 PM

Whilst I haven't heard anything about this, I wish Antrel would shut the hell up if it is true. We are major dogs, and Whisenhunt will not tolerate this crap. He is a firm believer of letting your game do the talking.

Plus, the reason that Steve Smith scored that long TD catch and run is because Antrel went for the knockout hit rather than wrapping up, and got shown up by Smith.

I do think that this defense is playing better at the moment than it was when we met you guys last time. Rolle took some time to get used to the safety position, but seems to have played it much better than he did in the regular season games. DRC is also a welcome addition, replacing Eric Green, who was getting beat worse than a 3rd grade math geek

Classy post.

However, your defense has only played well for ONE game. Not to mention that our running game did not hit its stride until the 2nd half of the season. Our boys have averaged nearly 200 yards a game during that time. I see them running all over the Cardinals...but I see Warner having success against us.

Panther win 31-17

#30 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:51 PM

I remember when Umenyora and Stray were talkin' ish about Pep and Ruck in the playoffs a few years ago. Remember how that turned out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.