• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:26 PM

While I agree with you, you must realize that power and money stays in families.
Roosevelts, Kennedys, Clintons (watch out for Chelsea), Bush, to name a few from just modern times.

Name recognition is a big deal, as is "knowing how to play the game".

#17 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:29 PM

Yet another reason why we need to have major reform in our political system

#18 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:32 PM

While I agree with you, you must realize that power and money stays in families.
Roosevelts, Kennedys, Clintons (watch out for Chelsea), Bush, to name a few from just modern times.

Name recognition is a big deal, as is "knowing how to play the game".

Then I can't wait to vote for Monique and Unique Obama.

#19 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:39 PM

no more bushs no more clintons. deal?

#20 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:01 PM

I would take it one step further and say no more ®s and no more (D)s.....but that is because I'm a 3rd party wacko.

#21 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:14 PM

Dont see it...

#22 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:28 PM

I would take it one step further and say no more ®s and no more (D)s.....but that is because I'm a 3rd party wacko.

i'm ok with that. but i'm gonna need more qualifications from 3rd party candidates than not being R or D.

#23 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:29 PM

I cant think of any President in the last 50 years with the exception of Carter who has performed as poorly as the Bush clan. Both exited with the economy in shambles, both with record deficits, both with the country unsure of its direction. This job is about leadership, vision and direction. Its not an administrative position like a mature corporation. Father and son both missed the mark, but George W, he is a classic example of Peters Principal existing in politics.

I suppose you thing Franklin Delano Roosevelt was a bad president then. Afterall, the worst recession in our history took place in 1937, 5 years after Mr. Roosevelt took office.

Or perhaps you are not fond of Thomas Jefferson. He is one of the few presidents who was directly responsible for a recession when he enacted a trade embargo with Great Britain that nearly bankrupted New England.

Regarding Bush senior, as usually is the case with Americans, you give the president way to much blame or credit for the economy. If you look at the history of recessions, they have happened with regularity every 8-10 years since the the US has existed.

Bush senior raised taxes, and started the military cuts that played a big role in the balanced budget that occurred later on.

People should stop believing what they hear on MSNBC, CNN and Fox, and read a bit of history. With a few exceptions, presidents don't cause recessions.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 06 January 2009 - 07:45 PM.

#24 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:32 PM

Yet another reason why we need to have major reform in our political system

I could care less about parties. I care about competence, unlike most americans who only seem to care that a candidate is fits into a neat little issues box on certain issues (Democrats/Repubs) or rails about his or her pet economic or foreign policy theory (Libertarians and Independents).

#25 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:15 AM

pfffft

Railing against the same old mistakes made over and over again as the country swings back and forth between the same old party platforms is hardly complaining about "pet" issues.

It is a fight against insanity.
Since popular culture defines insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

#26 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:30 AM

You can't swim across the river of time with just your right arm or just your left arm. You are best off switching arms every eight years.

-- Brettus Bordenius, Roman philosopher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.