Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How DeAngelo Compares to the Greatest In History...

72 posts in this topic

Posted

Deangelo scored 4 touchdowns against us the last time we played.

Posted

Those 1st two seasons he was very limited with D. Foster as the #1 Back.

Remember the argument that 1st season who should be the starter.

Both are very well worth every penny unlike Foster who should give us some money back.

The Oline is tailored to run. IMO probably one of the top OLines in the NFL.

I just think Stewart has shown that he will be every bit as good as Williams is now...when he hits year 4....maybe better. Yhey are just different type RBs. Williams will have more homeruns....Stewart will bust through some tough defenses slowly that Williams probably doesn't.

Posted

Deangelo scored 4 touchdowns against us the last time we played.

well there you go.

he can now be crowned the best RB ever.

Posted

well there you go.

he can now be crowned the best RB ever.

He is a hell of a running back. He will be very good soon.

Posted

I don't really think you can argue that either is better. I think the are closer to even just with slightly different running styles. Stewart is more power Dwill is more quicks but they both can do both. As much as I would hate to lose either I don't think we need them both to have a dominate run game. The only reason I tend to think Stewart should be traded is the Power side of a 1-2 punch is easier to find talent for.

I think as fans we are looking at this wrong there really is no wrong way we can go here. Either keep them both and have the best tandem in the league or trade one for a 1st rounder and get a top WR. Win-win in my book. I guess it depends on what you would rather have a top run O or pass O. Probably with all these D's changing to 3-4 we might be on the head front of the return to a power run league if we start shredding this smaller quicker D's.

Posted

I pray this thread is a joke...

Seriously, I love Williams but some of you guys seriously overrate him. He is no where NEAR the level of the great backs like Payton, Sanders, Brown, etc. and he likely never will be.

Posted

When looking at who's the best I don't think you can just look at the stats. You have to have watched them play and how they run. There are so many variables that determine stats. And if you're asking me who's the best right now, just from watching them play I think Deangelo is #1 or #2. His vision is second to none and he has moves reminiscent of Barry Sanders(who I think is the best of all time). He has a unique skill set that a lot of runners don't have. Chris Johnson is probably the best right now just because his top end is so damn high.

1 person likes this

Posted

When looking at who's the best I don't think you can just look at the stats. You have to have watched them play and how they run. And if you're asking me who's the best right now, just from watching them play I think Deangelo is #1 or #2. His vision is second to none and he has moves reminiscent of Barry Sanders(who I think is the best of all time). He has a unique skill set that a lot of runner don't have. Chris Johnson is probably the best right now just because his top end is so damn high.

Rep. Right on the money.

Posted

i don't think some people know how much an insult it is to try to compare any of today's RBs to jim brown.

Jim Brown was unbelievable. Teams knew he was going to run every down and were powerless to stop him.

The thing that blew me away when I found out a few years ago, Jim Brown is still regarded as the greatest lacrosse player to ever pick up a stick.

Posted

Deangelo will be remembered as one of the best of all time. Just not right now. 3 to 4 more years and there will be no more argument

Posted

i was at the packs panthers game in green bay it was awesome..my buddy tho was pissed hahaha good luck to the pack this year...arod is a helluva a qb ur lucky 2 have him

Posted