• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#31 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,449 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

We got a guy with a 2nd to 3rd round grade in the end of the 6th. Why is everyone freaking out?

it's a good deal.

people have to decide if they are loyal to moore or to the panthers getting better.

we have had a pretty bad QB situation for a while and many thought we were winning in spite of jake but that ultimately he was holding the team back. great guy but that was the truth.

panthers now are in a situation to find their franchise QB and they now have 3 solid prospects to choose from. who doesn't get the job will still have value as a backup or trade bait.

whats the problem with that?

we complained about the FO and fox being too loyal to players but this season they have decided that the only thing that matters is getting a team that can win in the future. they have now a QB to anchor things on the offense.

throw loyalties to moore and individual players aside and look forward to the legit QB competition we now have.

#32 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,330 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:50 PM

Pike blows. Waste of a pick. Only a 6th round compensatory though so who cares.

#33 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:53 PM

I like the Ron Wolf method of taking a late round flier on a QB every year, honestly.

#34 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,328 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:54 PM

Seems like they clearly don't see Edwards as a QB, but rather a PR/KR and potential receiver

#35 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

Hate the pick....wtf!?!

#36 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

Seems like they clearly don't see Edwards as a QB, but rather a PR/KR and potential receiver

Duh. I don't think anyone is expecting him to be a QB in the NFL. He will be a slot receiver, return guy, and someone that you can run some serious 3rd in short gimmick plays.

#37 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

I like the Ron Wolf method of taking a late round flier on a QB every year, honestly.

Yeah, it's not a bad strategy. You never know how a guy like this will develop over 2-3 years time.

#38 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,527 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

Actually its a damn good value pick. Now we have a really really nice qb competetion at the least and at the most, matt moore will be traded for a skill player

My first thought. I wasn't worried about a trade after the Clausen pick, But now? I'm not so sure....

#39 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

right...drafting a top 10 pick at #48 was "by far the worst pick of the draft." :rofl:

he was OUR worst pick. We had bigger needs then a back up qb, he cant beat out Moore so there was no point in drafting him, and about him being a "top 10 pick"? BULLSHIT, top ten? or the third round right? there were reasons why every team passed him up, even the bills passed on him, the raiders passed one him, so what does that say? we fuged up by taking the "best projected" pick when we were in need of other players and posistions, especially taking pike in the 6th, thats where you draft a back up, not with your first fuging pick

#40 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,241 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

Why DON'T WE DRAFT FOR NEED LIKE THE JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS!!1!! THEY R SUCH A GUD DRAFTIN TEAM THATZ Y THEY ALWAYS DRAFT IN THE TOP 10!11!!!!!1

#41 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

because all good teams draft for need in the 6th round..the Patriots didn't know they needed Tom Brady right?

#42 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:17 PM

we are not trading moore now. he may not be here in 2011. thats the question. if there is a lockout in 2011, then it may not be so bad to get a young backup in pike. i still wanted depth at OL 1st. i like the player, not the pick.

when it happened it was an absolute wtf, but still want to know what the plan is with moore, as this is a huge wtf if you keep moore past 2011. you can get a 3rd qb from UDFA or FA. i can see this only if moore is considered a stop gap or #2 just this year. otherwise, its a pick hoping to get tallent back later and thats risky (it could go either way gain or get nothing).

#43 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,449 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:20 PM

he was OUR worst pick. We had bigger needs then a back up qb, he cant beat out Moore so there was no point in drafting him, and about him being a "top 10 pick"? BULLSHIT, top ten? or the third round right? there were reasons why every team passed him up, even the bills passed on him, the raiders passed one him, so what does that say? we f**ked up by taking the "best projected" pick when we were in need of other players and posistions, especially taking pike in the 6th, thats where you draft a back up, not with your first f**king pick

he CAN't beat out moore?

lol

Edited by rayzor, 24 April 2010 - 03:29 PM.

#44 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:21 PM

we are not trading moore now. he may not be here in 2011. thats the question. if there is a lockout in 2011, then it may not be so bad to get a young backup in pike. i still wanted depth at OL 1st. i like the player, not the pick.

when it happened it was an absolute wtf, but still want to know what the plan is with moore, as this is a huge wtf if you keep moore past 2011. you can get a 3rd qb from UDFA or FA. i can see this only if moore is considered a stop gap or #2 just this year. otherwise, its a pick hoping to get tallent back later and thats risky (it could go either way gain or get nothing).

1/4 of QBs pan out in the NFL, from where I'm standing we're in the sweet spot of those stats, if all we had to spend to find our QB for the next 10 years is a 2nd and a 6th I'll be happy as sh*t. IMO if only one of our three guys pans out then all of them were worth it.

#45 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:33 PM

he CAN't beat out moore?

lol

no, he CAN'T, lol, it was golden tate making him look good, but he cant even win in college so why draft a loser??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com