Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jimmy Clausen is an Alien Wizard

69 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

we've seen where Jake has had to throw more than 30 times in a game.. the numbers are actually worse than they are good..

matter of fact, when he throws less, we win more games.. he has less picks..

I'm not sure the assumption can be made that if you throw more the better numbers you have.. the possibility is more likely that you throw more picks..

for a sophomore QB at the college level, yes, he has 25TDs/17picks.. but he is a sophomore that has his team on his shoulders.. let's see what he can do in 2 years once he's matured and isn't 2 years out of high school..

Posted · Report post

haha there seems to be no point in arguing with you. And you are giving this kid absolutely no credit where it's due. Easy to put up big numbers when they always throw? ok f**k, then how about you go out and throw the ball 30-35 times a game. Your making it seem like he is the worst QB in the draft when he the second best. Some even believe he was the best.

Go jerk off to your vintage Jake Delhomme highlights dude.

maybe your just not smart enough to notice that I said delhomme is garbage, whatever, it is useless

Posted · Report post

maybe your just not smart enough to notice that I said delhomme is garbage, whatever, it is useless

Yeah whatever you say. Just get this Clausen negativity poo out of here. I'm certain Fox and Hurney know a poo ton more than you do about who to draft... They are getting paid to do what they do after all.

Posted · Report post

as much as I try to not dislike this fruit, what that report failed to mention was that he was always passing because they were always losing, thats y they never ran the ball, and y im mad, other then wasting r first pick, is that we took a losing qb where as Colt McCoy at least won more games then any other college qb in history, not saying I wanted him either, but clausen???? that guy is a joke and we will all see the reason every team passed on him, I just hope fox isnt trigger happy with moore

Are you serious? People he fell due to his injury. Not because of talent. He is a tad arrogant but a lot of QB's are like that. He is a top-10 prospect from a pro-style offense that we got at 48. We are where few team every get to be, a potential franchise QB with next to no risk.

Even if he bust, it was only a mid-2nd. We blow those left and right on RB's, WR, ETC. Finally this FO got a Franchise QB in the draft. Its only about 2 seasons too late, we already have one. Just like Hurney/Fox wait until you find a stud to go after a top flight QB draftee.

Clausen falling because of his toe:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Why-is-Jimmy-Clausen-sliding.html

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I think he fell because teams didn't really need a QB that high in the draft. Rams got their guy and Denver obviously wanted a QB that could be a "system" QB for them in The Golden Calf of Bristol.

I like his arrogance honestly. Who isn't tired of people that don't give a crap about what's going on the field (Fox clapping all the time, Peppers' big smile while losing)? I want a QB that gives a crap, and if it means his attitude is like Rivers but he plays LIKE Rivers, who cares? He could be great. If not, it's a 2nd rounder, not a first. Not to mention being one the most NFL ready QB's out there, which makes sense, since we don't really develope QB's he's probably a good fit for the Panthers.

Call it arrogance, but I see this guy as a guy who is a winner, someone that'll come prepared. Someone that HAS the skills that's now asked to go out there and fake it (Jake).

I hope all of us get to have that feeling when we have a real QB on the field, finally. Either Moore or Clausen or Pike, I hope we get that feelings.

In the end, this gives hope to a fanbase that, prior to the draft, didn't have much to be excited about next season (except not having Jake playing).

Posted · Report post

I think he fell because teams didn't really need a QB that high in the draft. Rams got their guy and Denver obviously wanted a QB that could be a "system" QB for them in The Golden Calf of Bristol.

I like his arrogance honestly. Who isn't tired of people that don't give a crap about what's going on the field (Fox clapping all the time, Peppers' big smile while losing)? I want a QB that gives a crap, and if it means his attitude is like Rivers but he plays LIKE Rivers, who cares? He could be great. If not, it's a 2nd rounder, not a first. Not to mention being one the most NFL ready QB's out there, which makes sense, since we don't really develope QB's he's probably a good fit for the Panthers.

Call it arrogance, but I see this guy as a guy who is a winner, someone that'll come prepared. Someone that HAS the skills that's now asked to go out there and fake it (Jake).

I hope all of us get to have that feeling when we have a real QB on the field, finally. Either Moore or Clausen or Pike, I hope we get that feelings.

In the end, this gives hope to a fanbase that, prior to the draft, didn't have much to be excited about next season (except not having Jake playing).

I agree with everything except for one thing... I don't know if Mcdaniels wanted a system guy. But think Mcdaniels wanted a QB that would be all over his nuts. And The Golden Calf of Bristol is that guy. :)

Posted · Report post

You know what's sad? No matter who starts at QB, the Clausen pick has already divided this board and our fan base more than ever. Bickering about a player is such a waste of energy and time. Sure I have my preference, but I'll support whoever throws the rock this season.

Just as long as Jarrett isn't thrown to. :wink:

Posted · Report post

i'm being won over.

i still want to see what moore can do but i'm starting to get the idea that clausen can take the team further. i'm really wanting to see what clausen can do with this team around him. the possibilities are getting me excited about the future.

Posted · Report post

I agree with everything except for one thing... I don't know if Mcdaniels wanted a system guy. But think Mcdaniels wanted a QB that would be all over his nuts. And The Golden Calf of Bristol is that guy. :)

I really don't get the The Golden Calf of Bristol pick. It's not like he has exceptional tools to work with - his arm isn't that strong. His throwing motion will need completely reworking (which should improve his accuracy). He won't be able to run in the NFL.

All he has is his 'competitive spirit', which Clausen gets bagged for. McDaniels is playing with fire here - it's a ballsy pick, but jeez he's risking his job over it.

Oh and Moore isn't a stud. He's a gun slinger (without the elite arm) being shoe-horned into a game manager role, nothing more.

Posted · Report post

All he has is his 'competitive spirit', which Clausen gets bagged for. McDaniels is playing with fire here - it's a ballsy pick, but jeez he's risking his job over it.

Because The Golden Calf of Bristol loves Jesus and Clausen loves shoving dickheads and walking away.

Posted · Report post

I really don't get the The Golden Calf of Bristol pick. It's not like he has exceptional tools to work with - his arm isn't that strong. His throwing motion will need completely reworking (which should improve his accuracy). He won't be able to run in the NFL.

Oh and Moore isn't a stud. He's a gun slinger (without the elite arm) being shoe-horned into a game manager role, nothing more.

I agree with you here. One thing that I am unsure of is does anyone other than me thing that he can possibly go through regressions? I know back when I pitched in highschool changing my mechanics it was damn hard for me to do. And because I had pitched the same way for years there were in fact times when i regressed and went back to my old ways... I mean I know these are two different sports were talking about here but i think the concept is pretty much the same. I am confident when i say The Golden Calf of Bristol will not be near the QB Clausen will be and I am happy i'm not a broncos fan...

And i know everyone has probably seen this but i thought i'd put it here anyways. I heard in the days leading up to the draft that Jimmy "threw his receiver under the bus." Personally I did not think that at all. He was just stating what happened. And he didn't seem to be that cocky asshole so many perceive him to be.. Just my two cents though. enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55o5Nax6WHc

Sorry didn't work when i tried to embed it.

Posted · Report post

Changing mechanics can be done - Brad Ziegler of the Oakland Athletics is now a submariner after failing as a conventional pitcher. It just takes a lot of time, effort and hard work.

Not something I want to spend a 1st round pick on.