Photo
- - - - -

Chris Harris Traded For LB Jamar Williams

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
419 replies to this topic

#256 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,967 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:35 PM

As I said, my problem isn't the trade - it was obvious that we would most likely look to get rid of Harris, it was suggested before the season was over... That's fine. But we could've done much better in terms of what we got back.

#257 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:36 PM

Rep. I don't mind that he was traded but the compensation was horrible. Not the player the value I like Williams and think he will turn into a solid swing LB backup on our team. Willing and able to come in and play solid at any 3. He just was not worth a solid SS starter especially considering I really don't see his replacement.

I don't like either Martin or Godfrey there to be honest. Martin I wouldn't mind to see there but I don't want Godfrey's tackle missing a$$ anywhere near that SS position.

I agree, the value of Williams for Harris is off. Some of this may be payback for us ganking the fug out of the bears by getting Harris for a 5th anyways. Also the draft just went down and most of the teams that needed a SS got one. Plus Harris is not as hot a commodity as some think. He is a "in the box SS", one deminsional. Most teams want a guy that can also work in pass coverage.

I am sure that the FO called around and tried to find what they could get and this was the best there was. I am also sure that they tried to move him during the draft. No one was probably interested.

Regardless of what some think Harris is not the be all end all fo SS's.

#258 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:37 PM

What is this? Is that like the new catchphrase for misunderstood rebel loners that are so hard ass no one will ever understand just how hard ass they are?

Every time someone says something, even poo that does not have anything to do with Jerry, someone goes apeshit and posts this exact quote.

If you are refferring to being pissed that JR traded Harris because he spoke out against the organization, you are an idiot. If I am paying a man millions of dollars a year and he is out in the streets and on the internet talking crap about me and my organization, guess who is gonna have to find a new job?

I'm sure that JR does not care if everyone on the team gets together after practice and positively reinforces each others ego. I don't think he cares if the players all hate him, just don't run around and blab how much you hate a man who is paying you good money to the whole world.

I would have fired his ass 3 months ago.

What kind of working enviorment is that " oh you better not talk or master is going get you". It's a problem that Jerry doesn't have too anwser for anything he does in this city. Wow you can't be disapponted if your friends were cut. How some of you sit here and defend some of this poo is crazy. He spends almost nothing on FA then raises ticket prices and we just take it.

#259 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:39 PM

Stupidest move this off-season.

#260 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:40 PM

I agree, the value of Williams for Harris is off. Some of this may be payback for us ganking the f**k out of the bears by getting Harris for a 5th anyways. Also the draft just went down and most of the teams that needed a SS got one. Plus Harris is not as hot a commodity as some think. He is a "in the box SS", one deminsional. Most teams want a guy that can also work in pass coverage.

I am sure that the FO called around and tried to find what they could get and this was the best there was. I am also sure that they tried to move him during the draft. No one was probably interested.

He's worth more than a ST scrub.

#261 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:41 PM

Look I don't think anyone who's annoyed by this trade believes Harris is a must-keep. He's no Troy Polamalu, or Ed Reed. We know that.

But he's damn sure worth more than a backup LB which is going to play on Special Teams. Williams should have come with a draft pick.

This was a bone-headed FO move that can only possibly be explained by Chris Harris wanting out of Charlotte for some reason.

Stupidest move this off-season.

Actually, I would put the Brad Hoover release as the stupidest move. He was chump change to keep, and helped block for the NFL rushing tandem record holders. Beyond dumbassed to drop him (which ironically Harris pointed out on his Twitter account).

Edited by blackcatgrowl, 27 April 2010 - 05:43 PM.

#262 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,556 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:43 PM

don't like it.

#263 MorgulKing

MorgulKing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

This and the Hoover cut are very hard to understand. Both players made us a better team. Are we trying to save money or are we trying to win the Super Bowl???!!!

Ridiculous.

#264 ant2125

ant2125

Live the life you dig

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:48 PM

CHRIS HARRIS as a Leader? Maybe Davis is a leader...you have no idea what interactions in the off season have occurred that blow this statement out of the water. Harris has been nothing but a negative in every session, clearly stating to everyone that he does not want to be here, and bringing all the young players with him. Davis is just coming onto the field from rehab and is killing everyone at 75%! He is down every young defensive players throat to get their s*&t together and is THE leader on the team. Beason has just returned and is making himself heard, but Davis is taking the reigns

When you say " bringing all the young players with him" do you mean that they are also expressing their desire to not be here?

#265 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,967 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:49 PM

Hey guys I found a Jamar Williams jersey already for sale, what do you think?

Posted Image

#266 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,299 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:50 PM

When Williams is our starting Will in 2011 you guys will be much happier with this trade.

#267 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:51 PM

When Williams is our starting Will in 2011 you guys will be much happier with this trade.

I just love fallacies.

#268 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

Fnck man I'm afraid to buy a new jersey now! I'm moth-ballin' my Pepp rag, I WAS gonna buy a Harris jersey. Beason or Deangelo it is I guess, prolly Beason since I'm a LB guy.

#269 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

Jimmy Clausen jersey!

#270 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:54 PM

He'll be 27/28 then. One year contract?

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com