Photo
- - - - -

Red ring 'o death

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 guigrrl

guigrrl

Who Dat?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:24 PM

After almost 3 years, we've fallen victim. The 'box gets shipped to the shop tomorrow. Has anyone experienced this? How long does it take for them to get it back to you?

#2 Fright

Fright

The best never rest.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:46 PM

Sorry to hear.

Took about a week to get the box to ship it in and another 2 weeks to get it back. Looking at 3 weeks max. Mine had the issue w/ the release of Halo 3 Limited Edition, which caused a lot of boxes to get red rings, so it made the wait a bit longer. My friend just had it happen to him and it took a week to get the box and ship it back and he got his a week later. So 2-3 weeks

#3 guigrrl

guigrrl

Who Dat?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:56 PM

3 weeks is oaky. That's not too bad. My stepson will be disappointed, though. Thanks!!

#4 Vampi

Vampi

e-veganpire

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:32 AM

Seems like mine might have even been less than that. They were a lot quicker than what they told me so I was very happy it came back so quickly.

#5 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:34 AM

There are options. Recently happened to me. The box, apparently is their old way of doing it. Now they give you the option to accept an email with printable postage and you mail it then. It's pretty stream-lined now. I think it took me about three weeks to get mine back. I went ahead and paid the 7 or so bucks to have it packaged properly. Don't expect to get your original Xbox back because you won't. It will be new or refurbished. Oh and keep your hard drive and ALL other components.

#6 brian032

brian032

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:10 AM

Same as most people, about 3 weeks. I just shipped out my second one yesterday. It's one of those Halo special edition ones so I really hope they actually try to fix it instead of handing me a refurbished unit.

#7 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:16 AM

been through 7 of em and it's about 3 weeks, one week to ship it to you one week for it to ship back and another for them to ship you a new one, they almost never send you the same one back

#8 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:47 PM

And how is this system better than PS3?

#9 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:45 PM

Let me put it this way, there's a reason why I put up with going threw 7 consoles and haven't switched to the PS3 yet, and that's because of Games and xbox live, the 360 has the PS3 beat in both categories.

#10 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:19 PM

I actually had my 360 RRoD on me, and gave up on it......only to have it magically rise from the ashes just recentely.....now it works fine.

#11 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,571 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:39 AM

both times I've shipped mine off it's took about 1 1/2 to two weeks both times to get it back once it's shipped. If you get the box from ms that takes about 3 -5 bus days to get to you.

#12 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:42 PM

I repaired my 360 on my own with my dad for under 40 bucks

#13 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:24 AM

Because the giant steamer I just flushed down the toilet has more entertainment value than a PS3

#14 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:37 AM

Because the giant steamer I just flushed down the toilet has more entertainment value than a PS3

Pooping must be a very entertaining event for you.

#15 Kdawg

Kdawg

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:05 PM

For the people who have done this before I am curious do you have to have your original receipt for the xbox in order for them to fix the RROD?

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com