Photo
- - - - -

Nfl > nba

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#25 Purity-Control

Purity-Control

In A World Of Madness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:09 PM

Tampa Bay was in the World Series two years ago.
Colorado was in the World Series the year before that.

As of today the division leaders in Baseball are:

NY Yankees (1)
Detroit (6)
Texas (27)
Atlanta (15)
Cincinnati (20)
San Diego (29)

Those numbers represent each teams opening day payroll. If we average those numbers that would put the average payroll rank of the 6 division leaders at 16.33. There are 30 teams in baseball. So the division leaders average payrolls are LOWER the the average of the MLB overall.

Tampa & Colorado are anomalies, as soon as the talent is developed and either they are out of contention or FA comes there star players will be traded or leave via FA to one of the four major markets, I grew up a A's fan and scene this scenario play out time and time again.

Season is only half over, we'll see how it plays out, but teams like Cincy(20), San Diego(29) and Texas(27) only hold small leads over St.louis(12) Dodgers(11) and Angels (8)

So teams with the huge payrolls while not be leading currently are no more then 3-5 games back as the season stands now.

Edited by Purity-Control, 09 July 2010 - 06:23 PM.

#26 Carolina•Pride

Carolina•Pride

Insert: Custom User Title

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

Bullshit

Lebron ego is starting to become greater than Kanye West ego

He aired a damn special to gain more attention. He made this move to gain even more attention

I respect if he stayed in Cleveland and forced management to make moves in order to win one. You think Jordan would have went to Detroit with Isiah if he had a chance. Hell no

What's bullshit.... ? Who said anything about ego?(by the way what professional athlete doesn't have one) and the Jordan reference, it is a new league like I said before what legitimate team doesn't have 3-5 used to be or current all-stars on the roster.

#27 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:57 PM

The Suns just had a good run. Two all stars and a bunch of good role players alongside them. Look at Orl the previous year... it doesn't take for you to be all all-star'd out to win. The Cavs coulda beat Boston, we all seen game 3. Lebron did quit and some other internal problems happened

Lebron coulda went to NY with Amare and they would have been right there in contention. Its just that this move woulda gained more attention that any choice he woulda chose. So I dont buy wanting to win championships as the first reason for the move

#28 Implied Volatility

Implied Volatility

Evil Speculator

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:14 PM

And tonight further proved why

I hate L.A, but Kobe is like Zod to these dudes when you have to team up to win. Wow :eek:

Posted Image

to me it's no question that the NFL is better for the fans. in the NBA, its about money n' bitches. In the NFL, it's about working to be the best and being a good teammate. One sounds like a little more fun though(in the player's eyes).

You really believe that?

Posted Image

#29 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:32 AM

The NBA is trying to have a level playing field. They give teams a cap to work with, and it's a start. Still, if some of the best players in the NBA want to take less to play together, how can the NBA put it's foot down and stop it? I mean, seriously...

The NFL hasn't had that problem, because football is a different sport than basketball. Basketball is really built on basic fundamentals. You can be a basketball star in any city, move, and repeat you success. Football is much more different! In football, teams run all sorts of different schemes (do we run a 3-4 or a 4-3, etc). Guys need to know where their teammates are, on the filed, at all times.

Their is a reason why, great teams in football, draft well. It's hard to just sign talent and bring them into a system and win. Basketball, you can do it. Baseball, you can do it. Just look at the Yankees. Just look at the Celtics. Football requires good coaching and requires younger draftees that you can groom and make your own.

The two sports are just different.

#30 Cap'n

Cap'n

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:06 PM

Lebron James definetly is the front runner for the "Douche Bag of the Century Award" that they give out every decade.

I can not fathom how he could go on national tv and do that to a fan base that idolized him.

I wouldn't have cared if he would have just come out and said "I'm gonna play in Miami". To make this kind of spectical out of it though, just to break the hearts of people that only ever showed you good. That poo is low. Way low.

Do you think he called ESPN the day before his decision and said "Yea hi, I would like to embarrass my previous team and the place I call home....wanna televise it?" It's the same arguement that everyone in the media has when talking about Amare Stoudemire getting a max contract.... if someone is offering you this, of course your going to take it. You can't blame the player. LeBron was at the boys and girls club during this interview and some money from advertisments went directly to help out the club.... how is this bad? you watched it didnt you?

#31 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:15 PM

Posted Image

#32 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

HUDDLER

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:57 PM

This is why I hate pretty much all sports besides NFL, or rather don't love them as much. Why can't all teams from all major sports have the same exact cap number to pay players? Yea it's a little idealistic but imagine the diversity. Sports would be so much more exiting and have so much more value at least to me. Money ruins sports more than anything else and it shouldn't be that way.

#33 Kakarot

Kakarot

Aggie Pride!

HUDDLER

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:13 PM

The NFL>NBA, but its only a slight edge in my opinion. I love both, but football is my fav sport, so it gets the slight edge.