Photo
- - - - -

Today's office debate: Best American band RIGHT NOW

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
265 replies to this topic

#256 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:36 AM

Amazing what passes for talent these days.

Lol. As soon as you or anybody you know are capable of doing what they are, you be sure to let me know.

#257 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:42 AM

Lol. As soon as you or anybody you know are capable of doing what they are, you be sure to let me know.

So you feel a band is talented if they can do something that someone who is not in a band can't do?

Yeah, real high talent bar you have there.

lol

#258 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:53 AM

So you feel a band is talented if they can do something that someone who is not in a band can't do?

Yeah, real high talent bar you have there.

lol

Haha I feel a band is talented because they can do what 95% of bands can not do.

This argument is a moot point. You don't like the music, so you will say they have no talent. Most people are that way.

#259 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:15 AM

Haha I feel a band is talented because they can do what 95% of bands can not do.

This argument is a moot point. You don't like the music, so you will say they have no talent. Most people are that way.

95% of bands can do what they do, they just choose not to because its tripe.

#260 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:44 AM

95% of bands can do what they do, they just choose not to because its tripe.

lol I'm sure. :thumbsup:

#261 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:51 AM

Nah, you're right. 15 year old overly aggressive males make up the majority of their fan base know what real music is. The rest of us are clueless.

#262 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:54 AM

It keeps their catalogue fresh, and if your music is going to be art and not just music, it should take you time to get your albums out. Also, Tool's sound evolves from album to album. I can confirm a new Tool album is coming soon though, I saw them live last week and one of the intermissions was a Jam sesh that was surely new material. :lurk5:

My biggest problem with Tool and Perfect Circle is they (Maynard) seem to go out of their (his) way to make the music as inpenatrable and unaccesable as they (he) possibly can. It like he thinks that its a game with the fans and if he doesn't put at least two tracks on each disc that makes people scratch their head and say WTF he has lost.

They flirt with pure genius on some tracks and then others are just total garbage.

#263 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:56 AM

Nah, you're right. 15 year old overly aggressive males make up the majority of their fan base know what real music is. The rest of us are clueless.

Musicians know what real music is. The rest of you, yes, are pretty clueless.

#264 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:58 AM

Zod's just trolling pretty hard... Pay no attention to him...

#265 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:44 AM

My biggest problem with Tool and Perfect Circle is they (Maynard) seem to go out of their (his) way to make the music as inpenatrable and unaccesable as they (he) possibly can. It like he thinks that its a game with the fans and if he doesn't put at least two tracks on each disc that makes people scratch their head and say WTF he has lost.

They flirt with pure genius on some tracks and then others are just total garbage.

It's the sort of general malaise that the insane lament and the genuis possess.

I get your point, and you're right. Part of Tool's success has always been their inaccesability, people want what they think they aren't supposed to have.

Sometimes I wonder if it's just a byproduct of the drug use, cuz he's on something strong. Take track 12 on Aenima for instance, it's just a baby crying, WTF, but the next track is legendary.

Either way, if it takes a couple tracks of WTF to get to the genius stuff, I'm good with that

#266 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:56 AM

And no actual musicians listen to them.