Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I guess we will find out tomorrow why it's crucial to have 2 rb's.

61 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

NFL owners are supposed to be voting on 18 game sked. All I have seen is the owners allowing some jackleg to buy the Rams.

Posted · Report post

I think 18 games would be the beginning of the end. The game is simply too physical and you're going to add wear and tear even moreso.

I absolutely love NFL football but 16 games is plenty (probably 2 games too many). I'd love to keep it at 16 and ditch 2 preseason games while we're at it.

Simply a case of greed on the owners part IMHO.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I agree. 16 games fits nicely in every area. TV. The seasons and the pre season is a good barometer of what you have. I think charging full price is insane but the demand is there.

Posted · Report post

I would be all for adding two more games as long as they raised the salary cap a bit and increased the roster sizes of teams. Make the roster size 60 and the active 50.

Posted · Report post

I'd rather not have an 18 game schedule. Players are getting bigger and stronger but the human body isn't getting more durable.

I just don't really like the NBA or Baseball seasons for simmilar reasons. It becomes monotonous.

Posted · Report post

I hope they compromise and do 17 games with 3 preseason games.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'd love to keep it at 16 and ditch 2 preseason games while we're at it.

I agree, but don't see the league agreeing. Three preseason games is probably a bit more correct (since no one cares about the 4th), but it's all money.

The only way I can see the season extending is by increasing the roster size (as suggested earlier).

Posted · Report post

Keep the 16 game schedule, cut it down to 3 preseason games.

Posted · Report post

It is clearly a money decision but unless the league changes things up, we will be headed for a lockout for sure. The owners are determined to make more money whether they are being greedy or not. An 18 game season would be doable if they agree to increase the roster limits from 53 to 58 players for example. After all wildcard teams that make it to the Superbowl play 4 preseason games and then a 20 game season. The teams most affected would be playoff teams who could play as many as 22 games.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Increasing the roster is useless.. Your stars are going to play regardless of how many scrubs you add to the roster..

18 games is full of greed and will be the downfall of football faster than any upside...

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

All this does in decrease each game's value. Keep it in the USA, keep 16 games, keep 32 teams...3 things I want and all go against the all mighty dollar. I don't expect to win.

Posted · Report post

all this does in decrease each game's value. Keep it in the usa, keep 16 games, keep 32 teams...3 things i want and all go against the all mighty dollar. i don't expect to win.

this is america dammit!