#1 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:31 PM

:conehead:

Ron Paul has some surprising news for the Tea Party: You’re being taken for a ride.
At least this is what many libertarians like Ron Paul believe when they see someone like Glenn Beck or Sarah Palin trying to lead the Tea Party at the “restoring honor” rally this weekend. In fact, Ron Paul believes, if you’re looking for real freedom, you should really go back to the core of the constitution and the bill of rights, which Beck and Palin do not fully endorse when you really look at their beliefs. Whether it be Palin’s support for starting more wars or Beck’s beliefs on paying the private Federal Reserve MORE interest on our money by means of a VAT tax.
Ron Paul believes in neither of the above.
Here was Ron Paul’s message to the Tea Party via The New York Times just the other day:
“As many frustrated Americans who have joined the Tea Party realize, we cannot stand against big government at home while supporting it abroad. We cannot talk about fiscal responsibility while spending trillions on occupying and bullying the rest of the world. We cannot talk about the budget deficit and spiraling domestic spending without looking at the costs of maintaining an American empire of more than 700 military bases in more than 120 foreign countries. We cannot pat ourselves on the back for cutting a few thousand dollars from a nature preserve or an inner-city swimming pool at home while turning a blind eye to a Pentagon budget that nearly equals those of the rest of the world combined.”
While the Tea Party will be out supporting Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin this weekend, you wonder how many of them will be in full support of more wars and paying more interest to a group of untouchable and unauditable private bankers otherwise known as the FED? This is precisely what Ron Paul is asking the American public to consider when looking at the Tea Party leaders and see if they really stand for what they believe in.
Ron Paul believes the Tea Party is not about “left” or “right” like a lot of political pundits make it out to be. It’s about the constitution, and limited government.

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,927 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:51 PM

of course.

#3 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:06 PM

We cannot pat ourselves on the back for cutting a few thousand dollars from a nature preserve or an inner-city swimming pool at home while turning a blind eye to a Pentagon budget that nearly equals those of the rest of the world combined.”

qft

#4 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:08 PM

Once again, Ron Paul is spot on.

#5 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:43 PM

At least this is what many libertarians like Ron Paul believe when they see someone like Glenn Beck or Sarah Palin trying to lead the Tea Party at the “restoring honor” rally this weekend.

Nothing about either Beck nor Palin screams libertarian. They can't be further from libertarians.

#6 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:49 PM

I wonder if RP knows just how many folks at the Tea Parties (at least around here) want to support him for prez in 2012.

#7 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:51 PM

I wonder if RP knows just how many folks at the Tea Parties (at least around here) want to support him for prez in 2012.

RP doesn't give a rat's ass about his political standing amongst voters/potential voters. He isn't your typical politician.

#8 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:58 PM

RP doesn't give a rat's ass about his political standing amongst voters/potential voters. He isn't your typical politician.

I know. That's why I like him.

#9 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:14 PM

I know. That's why I like him.

And that's why he will never progress above his current standing as a Representative from a Libertarian district in TX. And that's too bad, as 2012 will be more of the same in Congress and the presidency (just from Rethugs as opposed to dumbacrats).

#10 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:26 PM

And that's why he will never progress above his current standing as a Representative from a Libertarian district in TX. And that's too bad, as 2012 will be more of the same in Congress and the presidency (just from Rethugs as opposed to dumbacrats).

Always remain optomistic now... Ronnie's been preaching the same message longer than I've been alive. Only difference is a huge number of people are now screaming the same things. Ya never know...

#11 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,789 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:31 PM

Always remain optomistic now... Ronnie's been preaching the same message longer than I've been alive. Only difference is a huge number of people are now screaming the same things. Ya never know...

yep...and we still have a few more years left to build on the momentum!

#12 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,641 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:18 PM

cripes, I think I said basically the same thing on here about 18 months ago.

Dr. Paul is getting slow.

#13 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:27 PM

cripes, I think I said basically the same thing on here about 18 months ago.

Dr. Paul is getting slow.

He's been saying the same thing for quite some time, first to his supporters then to the rallies directly whenever he's been asked to speak.

This is just thanks to Beck's little get-together over the weekend.

#14 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,395 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:49 AM

Not really. The number of people screaming things hasn't really changed. Maybe they are slightly more visible now because of the internet, but their message isn't getting any more votes (and perhaps less) than any of the myriad of other candidates throughout history who have espoused libertarian style theology.

#15 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:06 AM

The Tea Party is like a hollywood studio that took Ron Paul's screen play and turned it into a weird overblown confused movie watered down for the masses with plenty of special effects and quick movements to keep the dumb interested...starring Sarah Palin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.