Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PantherFanForLife

You know you have leadership problems when your OC is Steve Smith.

28 posts in this topic

Matt Moore has played in 8 NFL. games so far?

I don't know about that. He still has game changing speed, and still requires the most attention from defenses. Every player had bad games and makes mistakes.

When people say Smitty isn't elite anymore.. they aren't expressing themselves correctly..

Smitty is a guy who single handedly won us games.. required 3 guys to cover him or else he would still break his foot off in the defenses ass.. rarely do we see those type of players..

There are a lot of elite receivers in the league.. there are few who have that capability who require no other threats on the field and still take over..

Smitty is a guy who ('05 as an example) had no other threat on offense to help open up the field for him and still dominated the league in all 3 aspects: TDs, catches, and yards..

People see that Smitty can't single handedly take over a game anymore and say he lost a step or isn't elite anymore..

Yes, they aren't addressing the situation accurately, but I will say they are somewhat correct..

Fact still remains, Smitty would kill a defense if he had some help.. A decent run game, another receiving threat, and an average to above average QB..

No one can really knock Smitty for not being as dominate as he used to be.. there are few who ever had/have that ability.. but I would freely admit Smitty is still elite.. just not in the same sense we have seen in the past..

More splitting hairs than pointing out anything drastic..

The OP has a point about his on the field conduct, which is childish at best. Sure Moore played really bad Sunday and is probably not the long term solution at QB, but showing the guy up on the field was uncalled for. Smitty is a great player who can change a game in one play but his attitude sucks! We talk about TO and Moss being a "cancer" on a team, I'm starting to believe Smith belongs in that discussion as well. (I have a feeling we haven't seen the end of this.)

1 person likes this

There will not be another Smitty in this organization for a decade (or two :(). Better enjoy what's left of him while you still can

I still rub my Wesley Walls jersey after every game and cry myself to sleep as my wife looks on