Photo
- - - - -

Is America the 'best country in the World'?

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:43 PM

I wish I could give a straight answer to this question, but its impossible for me to do so. Simply because I don't know enough about the rest of the world. Our history is so horrendous that if you asked this question to someone in....Canada they would probably laugh. I do however think that there was a time when the answer to this question was a resounding yes (after WW1 and WW2 for example), but now...the answer is very muddled. I do think America is very different from the rest of the world, in good and bad ways though. To be honest, I hope America isn't the best country in the world, and I hope we're not going to be the best country to ever exist on this planet. If thats the case, humanity is pretty much doomed. I think questions like this hold humanity back to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I love my country. Like I said, I think its special in many ways, but in 2010 should we really be comparing countries? It seems kind of trivial in the space age to argue about who has the best country.............

#2 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

Our history is so horrendous that if you asked this question to someone in....Canada they would probably laugh.

Good ole public education doing it's job.

Our history is actually fairly tame considering some of the atrocities most other nations have seen.

Care to elaborate how Canada was better than the U.S. historically?

#3 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,950 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:50 PM

Bangladesh...hands down.

#4 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,503 posts

Go live around the world then report back on your findings.

#5 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

I was just using Canada as an example of another country that might shake their heads at us because of our history. I said I don't know much about the rest of the world..

#6 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:52 PM

I was just using Canada as an example of another country that might shake their heads at us because of our history. I said I don't know much about the rest of the world..

I'd suggest spending some time researching this position before drawing any conclusions that our "history" dilutes our "greatness".

#7 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,503 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:52 PM

What's important to you.

#8 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

I'd suggest spending some time researching this position before drawing any conclusions that our "history" dilutes our "greatness".

I admit I know jack squat about Germany, but everytime I think about Germany, I think about World War 2 and the Holocaust. I can only suspect people in other countries do the same with us..

#9 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,503 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:59 PM

Go to Belgium...they have the flemish (dutch/french), the french, and a german area in one country. You could knock them all out right there.

#10 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:02 PM

I admit I know jack squat about Germany, but everytime I think about Germany, I think about World War 2 and the Holocaust. I can only suspect people in other countries do the same with us..

I think that depends on the country and how they teach world history.

Most educational curriculums are controlled by politically motivated governments.

For example Iran - I'm sure their history books and teachers paint a VASTLY different view of the U.S. than British history books and teachers do.

That's why we shouldn't give a flying piss what other countries think of us. It's a safe bet that entire educational and propaganda systems are engineered to promote a policy of hostility towards us if we don't agree with their foreign policy goals.

#11 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:04 PM

No, the US is not the best country in the world.

#12 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,527 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:07 PM

we are all exceptional, in our own way.

:lol:

Yes America has made mistakes, but we always correct them. Some take longer but they get corrected. If you don't think this is the best country that has ever existed and a large part of your generation doesn't think so? This country will be over and soon after that you will have your answer.

#13 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:16 PM

How is that even measurable?

FTR, I really hate it when people say that sh!t. It goes right along with the people who say "Our CIA are protecting our best interests when they carry out clandestine operations in other countries." It's this arrogance that perpetuates the thought that we can do whatever we want in other countries but hell to pay if anything like that were to happen here.

The best at what? Nobody is the best at everything. If it's at the expense of other people or nations...that's a good thing?!?!?!

#14 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,899 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:20 PM

Yes, I think it is the best

#15 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:21 PM

lets poll the millions of people trying to get into this great country.

And yes by God we are the best!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com