• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:57 AM

I was wondering this myself. Just how the top guys on the team will take Rivera. I think Smith will handle it. But Smith is going to get hot like he always does and he will bitch at OC and QB from time to time. I don't remember him ever getting in Fox's face.

#17 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:58 AM

ok I now convert this thread to a I hope Andrew Luck changes his mind thread. Not nearly enough of those yet. And anyone with a Jake Delhomme avatar, cant be taken seriously

uhh, what?

convert the thread?

avatar's do not represent the level of respect the owner should receive from the other members of the forum. See "Carolina Huddle"

#18 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

I was wondering this myself. Just how the top guys on the team will take Rivera. I think Smith will handle it. But Smith is going to get hot like he always does and he will bitch at OC and QB from time to time. I don't remember him ever getting in Fox's face.

right do you think Rivera will tolerate Smith b**ching at his staff or at his team mates?

#19 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,926 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:01 PM

Man, you just have to love the Huddle. Already trying to spin poo. Add that to the racist posts already out there about Rivera and you got bundles of fun!

:sigh:

#20 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

Comes with the territory of having a Steve Smith. I could see Smith and Rivera getting really close in the offseason. It won't be such a big deal. Smith was not a distraction this year. He was one of maybe 3-4 players on offense that knew what the hell was going on and he got pissed. I would be too if I seriously had to be the one to call a time out because my QB didn't watch the clock.

#21 panthers2u

panthers2u

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

right do you think Rivera will tolerate Smith b**ching at his staff or at his team mates?

It depends on the type of bitching. ;)

This isn't Rivera's first rodeo in the world of dealing with NFL players.

#22 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:06 PM

I would trade Smith for a 2nd round pick straight up.

yea, on Madden

#23 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:07 PM

They have been coexisting on the planet for over 30 years, I don't think being in close proximity will now make them want to kill each other.

We won't have a Lazarus B problem... book it!

Posted Image

#24 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

I would trade Smith for a 2nd round pick straight up.

Yeah I would trade the best WR on my team with the worst offense in the league for a second round pick too.

#25 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,495 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:21 PM

Thats exactly the point, why make Steve Smith happy. If you are the other players on the team, do you want the team to be focused on winning or making one player happy.

oy vey.. this topic is so off the mark.. so is this point.. aint no body sitting around thinking about how to make Smitty happy. Everyone wants to win, and that makes everyone happy..

Did you notice the "?" at the end of the title?

I'm not forming an opinion, I'm asking a question.

and you didn't ask a question when you said:

I've been thinking, I dont see how the two of them could coexist.

How much time have you spent talking to either of them? How can you form an opinion like this without knowing either of them?

and I wish more people stopped to ask themselves this question when they post this kind of poo.. Green and Newton have character issues.. how the f**k does anyone know that? because they had an issue with the NCAA about receiving something they shouldn't have? That's an NCAA thing, not an NFL thing..

Bolden is a character concern? that's the dumbest f**king thing I've ever heard.. I forget what fool was talkin this poo, but I do know he didn't respond afterwards when I put that stupid poo to rest..

SMITTY AND RIVERA WILL COEXIST JUST FINE... Matter of fact, Smitty of all people is going to LOVE that Rivera wants to ATTACK on defense AND offense.. what's not to love?

#26 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,690 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:30 PM

Im not sure if Smitty wields the same kind of axe from a player power perspective that he used too. Behind closed doors I'm sure that all the players knew Fox was going to be a goner at the beginning of the year. Smitty's willingness to stick through that is an encouraging sign. Personally, I think we should get Mcnabb. At this point he's our best option and Mcnabb has always done well at utilizing the tight ends. Celek killed us every time we played Philly when Mcnabb was there.

I've read murmurs from a few posters on this board that think that it's going to be a one to two year turnaround process for this team based upon what we have seen offensively. In reality, this is the NFL, and things can get better year one based upon making the proper critical decisions.

Personally, I think the plan is going to involve signing two quality tight ends. Wouldn't be surprised to see both Zach Miller and Kevin Boss being signed which would allow us flexibility in masking run formations. If we trade for a player like McNabb, sign two quality tight ends, pick up a decent FA wr, draft AJ Green, and pick up some affordable depth along the line, why would Smitty want to leave. That sounds like a good situation to me.

#27 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:43 PM

I personally don't see any reason to think that Smitty and Rivera can't coexist. I kind of think this is a baseless question, if I'm honest.

#28 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

Steve Smith respects authority, and appreciates hard work.

#29 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:00 PM

They have been coexisting on the planet for over 30 years, I don't think being in close proximity will now make them want to kill each other.

We won't have a Lazarus B problem... book it!

Posted Image

Sadly, I must admit that I get that joke :(

#30 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,495 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:33 PM

I personally don't see any reason to think that Smitty and Rivera can't coexist. I kind of think this is a baseless question, if I'm honest.

...most definitely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com