Photo
- - - - -

Cam Newton breakdown

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#46 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:33 PM

I'am starting to think Cam will be our #1 pick, unless smitty want's a trade, maybe we draft Green, but i doubt that will happen. There are too many DT's in the later round's of the draft or FA. I know Peterson is ranked very high, lot's of CB's out there too. I just can't see passing on Cam. I've seen him play, if he's a fluke, he's the best fluke I've ever seen.

I think drafting Cam will go a long way toward keeping Smitty being that he found Jimmy Clausen to be unimpressive and lacking in leadership and poise.

#47 SPANKY

SPANKY

Smitty hugger

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

I'd say your right rippadonn, If Smitty see's the FO doing everything they can to right the ship, you would like to think that would make some difference. But last year was a mix of Fox's hard head and Jerry's goal's, I'am glad Jerry let Fox go. Even if it was a year later than he should've.

#48 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:09 PM

I like this quote

“What separates Meyer from the other coaches is the way he pushes players to their limits yet encouraging them all the way. I love that.”

Does that remind you of a coach we know?

#49 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:11 PM

I think drafting Cam will go a long way toward keeping Smitty being that he found Jimmy Clausen to be unimpressive and lacking in leadership and poise.

I cant blame Smith. Everytime I saw Jimmy on and off the field he seemed not to care too much. He would be with other players but always on his phone or sitting by himself on the bench.

If Cam is drafted he will be the new Jake. A guy that wants nothing more then to win.

#50 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:13 PM

I like this quote

Does that remind you of a coach we know?

what would be Jon Fox.

lmao im bullshitting.

#51 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

what would be Jon Fox.

lmao im bullpooting.

lol wut?

[edit:]crap.

#52 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:39 PM

I'am starting to think Cam will be our #1 pick, unless smitty want's a trade, maybe we draft Green, but i doubt that will happen. There are too many DT's in the later round's of the draft or FA. I know Peterson is ranked very high, lot's of CB's out there too. I just can't see passing on Cam. I've seen him play, if he's a fluke, he's the best fluke I've ever seen.

I agree on thinking Cam could very well be our pick. I think it will come down to the CBA getting done soon, especially with the 7 day straight thing, so we can pick up solid DT(s). Next couple weeks will be big with CBA & combine.

#53 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

HUDDLER

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:15 PM

Best article I believe I have read in awhile, I read the whole thing. Been saying a lot of these things about Cam for months.

The best part of the article was the Work Ethic part. I firmly believe that when it comes to the QB postion (especially in the top of the 1st) work ethic is the most important part of his game. A player can overcome a lot of short comings (especially if there not phyiscal) if he is willing to work his tail off to improve them.

Man I hope we get Newton at #1. If not we better have traded back and picked up some extra picks because this guy is on fire right now.

#54 Henne Given Sunday

Henne Given Sunday

Suhnami and EarthWake comin at ya

HUDDLER

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:27 PM

Ok guys, let me chime in here. CK is very well known by me, I post with him over at thephins messageboard, and himself, simon and richard all from universaldraft.com do a hell of a job with all of this stuff. I dunno if Chris wanted to link the universaldraft website due to potentially being called spam or whatever, but ill do it, i have posted here long enough, met most of you at some of the tailgates (zod, boinmonroe etc) so i dont care if i catch heat and you know iam not just spamming.

This article is fantastic, and the work they do goes sometimes unnoticed on their website. They deserve better. Richard is on that site as well, he was just on my radio show tonight, and like always brought great information. So please give a thanks on the sun sentinel blog, and check out their site.....its fantastic stuff.

And ftr CK, this is "SICK" over at thephins. Cool to see your stuff making it over to other teams sites! You guys killed this break down!

#55 Kakarot

Kakarot

Aggie Pride!

HUDDLER

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:28 AM

I agree on thinking Cam could very well be our pick. I think it will come down to the CBA getting done soon, especially with the 7 day straight thing, so we can pick up solid DT(s). Next couple weeks will be big with CBA & combine.

I really do hope we pick him up. I really believe this kid will be an elite QB in the league, and will solidify our QB position for years. We need a QB if we're going to compete in this division. We have to stop with this aging vet/stop-gap QB crap. We want an elite/franchise QB, we have to take a chance and get one. People were so ready and adament about getting rid of Fox because of his way of playing ball, but it's many folks on here who have that same Fox mindframe, and we have to get rid of that.

Edited by AggieLean., 18 February 2011 - 12:30 AM.

#56 Malt Liquor

Malt Liquor

Smoothest cat n da city

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:00 AM

Cam Newton I feel will be a special player in the NFL. I hope we draft him, it damn sure can't hurt our current situation at the QB position. Come on Hurney and Rivera pull the trigger!!!!!