Photo
- - - - -

Is the NAACP necessary?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#1 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:06 PM

Question: Is the NAACP still a necessary organization today?

I'm interested in hearing the responses, especially from African Americans

#2 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

The question is why do you think it's not?

#3 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

Can you say that like Horatio from CSI Miami?

#4 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:19 PM

As an African American, I personally think they're outdated today. Most of the problems today deal with them sitting around waiting for someone to give them what they think is due to them (from slavery, discrimination, etc...). i know many who sit back and smoke all day, sag their pants, get drunk, have sex, and worry about how they're getting money. The problem isn't within how we're being treated. It's what's in their heads. Many of the so-called "roadblocks" they say that's there really isn't. They put them there themselves and contribute to the perception about African Americans that they're in general ignorant. this isn't everyone, but it's sad at how many are doing this.

The NAACP really turns me off on how they manage to segregate African Americans. I say this because they are trying to treat us blacks as a separate entity. They think we should equal and I agree, but running around crying racism and injecting their noses into matters and further complicating them isn't helping any. I just don't agree with their methods. They was more relevant during the segregation era when they was needed and was fighting for equality. Now, they're simply outdated and complicate race relations further.

my two cents for the time being

#5 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,323 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:28 PM

I agree with you but I'm afraid about what might happen without that small segment of loud annoying whiners who are available if needed. Really, I don't hear much about them these days...

#6 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,881 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:53 PM

I think they are like labor unions, they served a great purpose in times past, but are outdated and know it, so their rants are for pub to seem legit.

#7 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,347 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:31 PM

I know many who sit back and smoke all day, sag their pants, get drunk, have sex, and worry about how they're getting money.

I don't necessarily disagree with your general idea, but there's plenty of others from other racial and ethnic groups that do the same as above also...

The NAACP really turns me off on how they manage to segregate African Americans. I say this because they are trying to treat us blacks as a separate entity. They think we should equal and I agree, but running around crying racism and injecting their noses into matters and further complicating them isn't helping any. I just don't agree with their methods.

I do agree with this for the most part... although I'm not opposed to any group organizing and getting together for really any reason as that is our right as Americans, but in general I think some of the NCAAP's methods are more divisive than helpful, but the existence of the organization is not.

#8 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:36 PM

I don't necessarily disagree with your general idea, but there's plenty of others from other racial and ethnic groups that do the same as above also...

True, but....lazy white people don't have an NAACP making excuses for them. I think that's what he was getting at.

#9 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,927 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:18 PM

True, but....lazy white people don't have an NAACP making excuses for them. I think that's what he was getting at.

yeah, they have groups blaming black people instead.

#10 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:29 PM

yeah, they have groups blaming black people instead.

Groups such as....?

Before you say the Republican Party, remember that the vast majority of people in the party have jobs.

#11 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

exactly. I'm kinda tired of us (in general) making excuses. It's getting old. Saying they didn't get a job b/c they're black is a real piss poor excuse to use. that's just one example

#12 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,056 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:11 PM

the ADL needs to go before the NAACP

Edited by Fiz, 18 February 2009 - 08:17 PM.

#13 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

They've tried to tear Wilson apart, and damn near succeeded.

#14 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:15 PM

the ACLU needs to go before the NAACP

You need to label your sarcastic posts, some people might have read that and thought you were serious.

#15 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,056 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:17 PM

You need to label your sarcastic posts, some people might have read that and thought you were serious.

fug you're right i meant to type ADL

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com