#16 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:45 PM

major QBs rarely change teams.

He can live wherever he wants in the offseason.

#17 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,343 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

It's an interesting question, if Cam really blows up will he be content to stay in Charlotte or will he want to go play for a larger market team?

Personally, I think if he is successful here he will want to stay and Charlotte is one of the fastest growing cities in the country. I think it also helps that he's originally from this region (ATL).

Most guys that come to Charlotte end up living here after their career is over, it's a great place to live as long as your not looking for hookers and cocaine (see Kris Jenkins).

#18 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

Offseason/Strike Hypothetical:

Lets say Cam lives up to the hype and becomes what we all hope he will become. Is Charlotte big enough to keep Cam here long term? Will he embrace this city or hit the road like Lebron?

I think once he finds out Panthro calls this great city home, that Cam embraces this town and makes it his home as well.

What say you?

Absolutely, the Panthers can keep him forever.

The NFL is not like the NBA or Major League Baseball. They can keep him forever if they would like. Look at Peyton Manning in Indy. There are a bunch of other scenarios. He can't go somewhere to make more coin. It's forseeable that the best situation he could ever be in would be right here, especially if say, 3 or 4 years into his (hopefully) 7 year deal they offer him a long-term extension and extend him out 8 or 10 more years.

When you draft a QB #1 overall, the least concern is him leaping for greener pastures. I'd say franchises are hoping the guy is that kind of talent, and they'll take care of the rest.

If he's got game--I bet you he is a Panther for 15 years.

#19 HSCBandit07

HSCBandit07

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:10 PM

No he will not stay in Charlotte. The city will of course be renamed Camalotte

#20 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,408 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:13 PM

Teeray always makes me laugh

#21 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

No he will not stay in Charlotte. The city will of course be renamed Camalotte

this is one of the best posts ever on this forum.

#22 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:04 PM

I am basically already on the bandwagon. So I am rooting for the he will stay crowd. Big name QBs rarely come on the market. The better your QB performs the better chance you have of becoming an elite team. So teams are reluctant to let them go.

Just my thoughts, and GOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!

#23 Chabaca2

Chabaca2

J Stew will Pound YOU

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:26 PM

Perhaps Cam could win us few Superbowls and MAKE us a larger marketed team. isnt that how "large market" teams get large?? a few Superbowls?:confused:

#24 SirPanther

SirPanther

The Swag Fairy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:32 PM

Perhaps Cam could win us few Superbowls and MAKE us a larger marketed team. isnt that how "large market" teams get large?? a few Superbowls?:confused:

No. Just look at the Packers.

#25 Chabaca2

Chabaca2

J Stew will Pound YOU

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:35 PM

No. Just look at the Packers.

what makes a small market and a big market different? number of fans?

#26 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,719 posts

Naw you self proclaim yourself as America's team :D

#27 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

i have enough swag in my left ball for that entire city

#28 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:06 PM

what makes a small market and a big market different? number of fans?

Usually people base it on the size of the media market (how many people are buying newspapers and watching tv in a certain area).
This is the current tv market rankings by nielsen. We are a mid-market team at #24, but we pull in a lot of smaller markets in the area like Greenville-Spartanburg and the triad. The smallest market in the NFL is Greenbay at #75, but Milwaukee brings up their veiwership at #35

http://www.stationin...m/tv/tv-markets

#29 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:15 PM

The Nfl is alot different from other sports in which player can become stars and get marketing deals no matter where they play. Greenbay not a big Market but Brett Farve became a star without playing in NY or LA. Peyton HIllis is on the cover of madden and he plays in "CLeveland". Stars in football are made by winning no matter where they play.

#30 Tiger n Miami AU83

Tiger n Miami AU83

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:18 PM

Usually people base it on the size of the media market (how many people are buying newspapers and watching tv in a certain area).
This is the current tv market rankings by nielsen. We are a mid-market team at #24, but we pull in a lot of smaller markets in the area like Greenville-Spartanburg and the triad. The smallest market in the NFL is Greenbay at #75, but Milwaukee brings up their veiwership at #35

http://www.stationin...m/tv/tv-markets

Well, you guys did pick up a few hundred thousand extra viewers by drafting Cam. Not only AU fans, but bama fans are obssessed by Cam also and will tune in. Hell, I bet the Panthers jump a spot or two (or more) just based on additional viewers in the state of Alabama.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com