Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Floppin

TEPCO Admits Complete Fuel Meltdown Occurred 16hrs after Quake.

100 posts in this topic

Also from the Same article.

Fukushima differs from other nuclear reactors in that it uses a dirty fuel or MOX which is banned in many of the countries where nuclear power is a major energy source. My Swedish-Russian nuclear physicist friend is sending me links for reliable radioactivity readings and weather/wind patterns. We must remember some of what is posted on the internet are simulations, not actual readings. But he did add this:

The most terrifying fact is that the Japanese power plants are using 'dirty' fuel, which most countries have rejected and banned. Needless to say that the Americans built them. Since the Earth is moving Counterclockwise most of the fall-out will drop on U.S., unless very strong winds take it somewhere else.

In Sweden we have so far not measured increased levels of radiation. My only concern is what happened to the plutonium stored in the water tanks next to the reactor.

Huffpo, a liberal site.

Good work.

1 person likes this

Huffpo, a liberal site.

Good work.

Ooooo nice counter argument.

Post 49. First paragraph in the quote. That sounds like a reliable source. :rolleyes:

Fukushima differs from other nuclear reactors in that it uses a dirty fuel or MOX which is banned in many of the countries where nuclear power is a major energy source. My Swedish-Russian nuclear physicist friend is sending me links for reliable radioactivity readings and weather/wind patterns. We must remember some of what is posted on the internet are simulations, not actual readings. But he did add this:

The most terrifying fact is that the Japanese power plants are using 'dirty' fuel, which most countries have rejected and banned. Needless to say that the Americans built them. Since the Earth is moving Counterclockwise most of the fall-out will drop on U.S., unless very strong winds take it somewhere else.

In Sweden we have so far not measured increased levels of radiation. My only concern is what happened to the plutonium stored in the water tanks next to the reactor.

When I google search mox fuel banned, the only thing I can find about mox fuel being banned anywhere is this one guys quote.

Mox fuel in most instances is nothing more than reprocessed spent fuel.

Such devious countries as France, Switzerland, Belgium, Germany, and Japan are the countries currently using MOX fuel

The author likes to blame the mox fuel on The US, who currently does not produce, or use mox fuel (although there is a production facility being built currently

1 person likes this

When I google search mox fuel banned, the only thing I can find about mox fuel being banned anywhere is this one guys quote.

Mox fuel in most instances is nothing more than reprocessed spent fuel.

Such devious countries as France, Switzerland, Belgium, Germany, and Japan are the countries currently using MOX fuel

The author likes to blame the mox fuel on The US, who currently does not produce, or use mox fuel (although there is a production facility being built currently

The quote states that the US build the plants, not made the fuel.

The quote states that the US build the plants, not made the fuel.

It implies that the US is somehow responsible for the mox fuel, which it is certainly not.

It implies that the US is somehow responsible for the mox fuel, which it is certainly not.

Whether or not you can infer that the author wants to put blame on the US for the mox fuel, which I don't, that isn't really the point of the whole discussion.

Secondly the article I linked from a US source that discussed the Iodine being leaked from the reactor number 3 was from May 11th. Hardly months old. But nice try.

The US source being the Reactor Watchdog Project.

dedicated to the prompt and permanent halt to current commercial reactor operations and new atomic power development

No agenda there at all.

1 person likes this

The US source being the Reactor Watchdog Project.

No agenda there at all.

Just like the Nuclear industry has no Agenda. You're going to be hard pressed to find any information outlet that doesn't have some sort of Agenda. Not all articles I've linked have been from Nuclear watchdog groups, just like not all have been from supposed Liberal or Conservative sites, or from US or Austrian. It's just information.

I do know your agenda however, seeing as how you work in a Nuclear plant.

Nuclear Energy is the past, present and future. With gas prices the way they are i'm looking for someone to design a mini reactor to power my truck.

Nuclear Energy is the past, present and future. With gas prices the way they are i'm looking for someone to design a mini reactor to power my truck.

Dear lord I f'n hope not. There are many more alternatives out there besides f'n nuclear.

In related news TEPCO's president is resigning today.