Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Religu-less?

119 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Earlier in this thread, tattoorhino alluded to it being kooky to believe that we were put here by aliens...

Honestly, that is just as believable as a guy walking on water, or performing other miracles, no?

Nobody knows where we came from, and to claim to know that absolute knowledge is the height of ignorance...

There is more actual evidence of evolution than that of the actual existence of a tangible saviour... Transitional species are a fact, maybe just not 100% in the case of humans, yet....

Posted · Report post

I'll believe in the force the day Sam can choke anything other than his chicken.

Posted · Report post

I'll believe in the force the day Sam can choke anything other than his chicken.

Hey, I said it exists... I didn't claim I could manipulate it... yet... ;)

PS: Don't make me choke a bitch!

Posted · Report post

Do you find my lack of faith disturbing?

Posted · Report post

Do you find my lack of faith disturbing?

lol

/positions hand in a throat choking gesture

Posted · Report post

/collapses on to keyboard, removed by underlings

Posted · Report post

Leave it to the atheists to make this a BDSM thead...

Posted · Report post

Earlier in this thread, tattoorhino alluded to it being kooky to believe that we were put here by aliens...

Honestly, that is just as believable as a guy walking on water, or performing other miracles, no?

Nobody knows where we came from, and to claim to know that absolute knowledge is the height of ignorance...

There is more actual evidence of evolution than that of the actual existence of a tangible saviour... Transitional species are a fact, maybe just not 100% in the case of humans, yet....

Whoever you are, I want you to know that I hear Samuel L.'s voice every time I read your posts. And that makes Chuck Norris very unhappy.

Posted · Report post

Can you blame people for losing their faiths and walking away from religion? There are so many people with so many different takes on religion all claiming their right and everyone else is wrong. How are we supposed to live in a world of millions of different right answers? I mean according to everyone else, if you don't believe in their specific branch of whatever, you're going to hell. So basically you are playing against the worst cosmic odds believing anything?

Whenever I go to church, whether its my father-in-law's-a-pastor church, or some other church, you hear a lot of stuff that I don't find useful. Like one time we went to a community church around here, and it scared the hell out of me. The sermon was about praying, and why not to stop praying. The service way wiered me out because it seemed to me like these people needed to be propped up by religion to function and feel fulfilled.

I figure that God isn't a good or a bad God, just God. He/She/It put the raw materials in us (soul) with the tools we will need to live our incredibly random lives. I hate it when people try to tell me what to think or how to practice my relationship with God. I miss the Episcopal Church that I went to as a youth. Their message was to find your own answer. Learn what you can, but always be the one make your decisions about your own faith because your relationship with God is personal.

See, Religion sparks the weirdest things! =P it also causes the worst, nastiest, ugliest in people as well. Does God want us to kill each other? Or is that just a means to an end? To see us rise above the horror around us?

Screw it, I'm a philosopher =P that makes it easier to write off what I say =)

Posted · Report post

religion is like a car. Some like flashy cars. Some like Point A to Point B cars. Some have to trade one in every other year for that new car smell and look.

Others lease a car and don't want ANY strings attached.

Some drive a car until literally the wheels fall off.

While in that car, the driver is responsible for the well being of those in the car. They can be a good driver or a bad.

Some people take good care of their car. Others do not.

A car can be productive and useful or it can be destructive and a liability.

Same as religion.

Posted · Report post

religion is like a car. Some like flashy cars. Some like Point A to Point B cars. Some have to trade one in every other year for that new car smell and look.

Others lease a car and don't want ANY strings attached.

Some drive a car until literally the wheels fall off.

While in that car, the driver is responsible for the well being of those in the car. They can be a good driver or a bad.

Some people take good care of their car. Others do not.

A car can be productive and useful or it can be destructive and a liability.

Same as religion.

so athiests ride bicycles?

Posted · Report post

so athiests ride bicycles?

jesus-on-a-bicycle1.jpg