#1 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:55 AM

Apparently our overunder is at 4 wins

Gru and Jaws bot said we would win more than that and Gru mentioned how unpredictable we will be and that we will surprise some people.

#2 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,877 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:57 AM

Apparently our overunder is at 4 wins

Gru and Jaws bot said we would win more than that and Gru mentioned how unpredictable we will be and that we will surprise some people.

I guess this would make them Cam nuthuggers?

#3 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,321 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:00 AM

two weeks after gruden said Pryor was better than CAM?

#4 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,711 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:01 AM

Probably has as much to do with the coaching staff.

And while I like the staff, were I a betting man and barring significant roster changes, I'd take the "under" right now.

It's a rebuilding year. I'm comfortable with that.

#5 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,767 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:02 AM

there are 53 men on the roster

#6 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,877 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:03 AM

Probably has as much to do with the coaching staff.

And while I like the staff, were I a betting man and barring significant roster changes, I'd take the "under" right now.

It's a rebuilding year. I'm comfortable with that.

Hard for me to take under 4 for any NFL team. Gotta have a lot of bad magic and perfect storms coming together to win 3 or less.

#7 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,877 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:04 AM

there are 53 men on the roster

I know, there have been threads about the over/under though.....and unless you picked under some deemed you a nuthugger.

Was an attempt at a joke.

#8 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:09 AM

Read this article:

http://www.footballl..._panthers.shtml

"At FootballLOCKS.com we've never been afraid to call it like we see it, and project a 1 win season or worse!

Record Projection:
In 2011 we project the Panthers to go (1-15), falling several games below the Vegas win total of 4.5"

#9 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:12 AM

Hard for me to take under 4 for any NFL team. Gotta have a lot of bad magic and perfect storms coming together to win 3 or less.

Very true. Statistically, it is rare for a team to win less than 3 games or win more than 13. It happens, but there is enough parity in the NFL to keep it from happening too much.

As much of a "debacle" (Fox's words) as last year was, the Panthers would have won 3 games if Kasey would have nailed that very makeable FG in Cleveland.

#10 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,877 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:16 AM

Very true. Statistically, it is rare for a team to win less than 3 games or win more than 13. It happens, but there is enough parity in the NFL to keep it from happening too much.

As much of a "debacle" (Fox's words) as last year was, the Panthers would have won 3 games if Kasey would have nailed that very makeable FG in Cleveland.

and it frankly took a lot of work by the front office and Fox to be on different pages yet still wanting to play the season togehter for it all to happen.

#11 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:17 AM

Gruden did not say that. are you trolling or do you remember it that way?

#12 Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel

Respect the Rivera

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:21 AM

With our ridiculous schedule, young team, new coaching staff and philosophy on both sides of the ball, holes at DT, CB and meh OL, 4-5 wins seems about right. Rebuilding mode does not equate to wins, but we are moving in the right direction now.

#13 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,877 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:24 AM

With our ridiculous schedule, young team, new coaching staff and philosophy on both sides of the ball, holes at DT, CB and meh OL, 4-5 wins seems about right. Rebuilding mode does not equate to wins, but we are moving in the right direction now.

if you look at SOS before week 1 every year.....and then look at what it actually was at the end of the regular season.

It never is the same. Shiznit always happens. There are always playoffs locks that turn into duds for one reason or another.

#14 jpniner

jpniner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:33 AM

If our OL and DL's are even worse than last season this is realistic assumption, especially if Cam tries to stay in the pocket and develop into a passer during this. The 1-15 prediction

IF Cam instead breaks loose and scrambles, I think he could do as well as Vick in his early years. One thing about cam is he'll get extra few yards after contact most times, especially if its him vs. a CB

#15 jpniner

jpniner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:35 AM

if you look at SOS before week 1 every year.....and then look at what it actually was at the end of the regular season.

It never is the same. Shiznit always happens. There are always playoffs locks that turn into duds for one reason or another.

Yeah, but I don't see the NFC South being weaker than expected. I see Panthers going 0-6 or 1-5 in the NFC south alone.

I also don't see the NFC North being weaker than expected and can't see us being close against any of those teams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.