#16 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,951 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:16 AM

right now the problem is cash. PSL's are something that are bought with expendable income. With close to 10% unemployment in NC (higher than the national avg.) people don't have it. It makes something like PSL's go down in value because paying mortgages and power bills are more important.

Even with the good record the team had last season it will be tougher to sellout the games than in previous seasons due to the economic conditions this area.

Agreed Mush.

You will find the great deals from someone who is really feeling the pinch...possibly that they lost their job.

If it is a choice of staying in your home or keeping your PSL's, it is an easy choice.

#17 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,795 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:08 PM

Yeah....the economy really is a factor right now; because of the teams 12-4 record last season the Panthers will surely get a prime-time game or two.....I just hope that we won't see a blackout :(

#18 beefstew

beefstew

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:22 PM

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts. The economy is definitely taking a toll. I thought about putting these up for sale before the playoff game - I mean, humiliation - but I couldn't bear to miss going to the game. Who knows when I might get another chance, right? Especially if I sold the PSL's. As it turns out, that choice has probably cost me dearly. Plus the game was not very pleasant! (Understatement) I enjoy this site, most of the people actually behave decently towards each other, stay on-topic, and know something about whatever they are commenting on. And there are some good pictures, too. :o)

#19 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:05 PM

One thing the Panthers have the advantage over individual sellers is the fact that they finance. That option allows them to charge a higher price because they finance you with 0% interest. People trust the team so they are able to get a premium for their PSL's because of their financing. This is why individuals have to keep cutting their price to try to find someone with cash who gets a big discount because they're paying cash.

What I never understood is why individuals, if they're not desperate for cash, aren't willing to finance a buyer?

There is nothing to lose and everything to gain. You finance someone and get a bit higher price for doing it, you draw up a contract and notarize it, and you never put the PSL's in their name until they have paid you in full.

And if they miss a payment? They just lost everything they paid you and you still have the PSL's.

#20 beefstew

beefstew

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:46 PM

I have actually thought about that and would consider doing that. No one has shown enough interest for me to tell them that. I guess I should add that to my listing, that may help.

#21 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

yeah, people may not have all the cash to buy, but could afford a payment maybe.

I know a friend who financed the sale of his PSL's. He found a buyer, they put a down payment down on the PSL's, and then paid him in full for the tickets. They missed a payment halfway through the season, he tried to contact them, they didn't respond, so he went into his acct. and voided the rest of the season's tix that he had given the guy and subsequently sold his PSL's again to someone and kept every penny the first person had given him.

#22 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

One thing the Panthers have the advantage over individual sellers is the fact that they finance. That option allows them to charge a higher price because they finance you with 0% interest. People trust the team so they are able to get a premium for their PSL's because of their financing. This is why individuals have to keep cutting their price to try to find someone with cash who gets a big discount because they're paying cash.

What I never understood is why individuals, if they're not desperate for cash, aren't willing to finance a buyer?

There is nothing to lose and everything to gain. You finance someone and get a bit higher price for doing it, you draw up a contract and notarize it, and you never put the PSL's in their name until they have paid you in full.

And if they miss a payment? They just lost everything they paid you and you still have the PSL's.

When I bought mine, the seller agreed to it but it was because we'd been talking and working a deal but he didn't think we were going to agree to terms and sold the tickets to all but one game. So I gave him 1/3 as a deposit, and the other 2/3 was due at the end of the season. Worked out very nicely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.