• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#46 Bruce

Bruce

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:52 PM

I guess some of you would feel better had we thrown for 400 yards and lost.

I would not.

pretty sure Cam feels the same way. i'm sure he would trade away 500 yrds for a 3-0 record

#47 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

i hope Stewart takes all the carries against chicago..williams is struggling and is trying to force to much atm. I know he's been known to turn it on later in the year but go with the hot hand.

#48 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:00 PM

I don't care, we have our first win and it feels good

#49 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,590 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:01 PM

it was probably the worst field to play on since that steelers/dolphins monday night game

#50 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:05 PM

U have to know how to win ugly and pretty...

#51 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:05 PM

The reason why people aren't quite impressed with this ugly win, is that it is an ugly win against a sorry team with a rookie QB. If it was an ugly win over the Patriots etc, that would be different.

#52 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

The thing with this team is we don't have very many 3 and Outs, and we were always a notrious 3 and Out team under Fox..give this team some time and it will start to work in the Red Zone..hopefully.

#53 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,284 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:08 PM

I think play calling has got to improve dramatically. Chud was crap until that TD drive. If we can fix that, and our DT situation, we would be drastically better.

#54 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

The reason why people aren't quite impressed with this ugly win, is that it is an ugly win against a sorry team with a rookie QB. If it was an ugly win over the Patriots etc, that would be different.

It remains to be seen if J'ville is sorry. They had sorry QB play in the Jets game. I think Gabbert looked pretty good for a rookie considering he's had very few reps.

We didn't look good but a bad win is gonna be better for the team's mental outlook than a loss with zero mistakes.

On the 2 pt. conversion, I agree with the call. A 5 pt. lead is no better than 4, and a 6 pt. lead forces the Jags to make the extra pt. to win.

#55 Bruce

Bruce

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:18 PM

I wonder if arizona and greenbay felt the same way?
It was a good win for us, we are not that good of a football team with all the injuries on defense and a rookie qb as well.
the good thing being, for a change we are getting better week by week instead of worse

#56 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:10 PM

Jacksonville might be a better team than Arizona.

#57 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,780 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

ROFL .. exactly the responses I expected :)

It's ridiculous isn't it? Feeling better after losses than a win? Some of you people are morons.

#58 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,714 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:16 PM

I'm still perplexed at all of the whining. We were 2-16 over our past 18 games coming into today and half the Huddlers are unhappy even though...

- We won
- Covered the spread
- Cam looked fine overall for his third start
- Cam led us on a 4th quarter comeback drive where he looked perfect
- Had the first semblance of a ground game
- No sacks
- No turnovers
- Cut the number of blown coverages down to just the weird play at the end of the first half

I really don't get it. Are our standards really this high after an 0-2 start and a 2-16 record since Opening Day last year? Or would people rather see Cam Newton being talked about on PTI after another 400 yard game? I think that might be it. There is a segment of the fan base that would much rather hear Colin Cowherd spend more segments praising us in defeat than nobody on ESPN mentioning us in victory.

#59 Bruce

Bruce

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:58 PM

I'm still perplexed at all of the whining. We were 2-16 over our past 18 games coming into today and half the Huddlers are unhappy even though...

- We won
- Covered the spread
- Cam looked fine overall for his third start
- Cam led us on a 4th quarter comeback drive where he looked perfect
- Had the first semblance of a ground game
- No sacks
- No turnovers
- Cut the number of blown coverages down to just the weird play at the end of the first half

I really don't get it. Are our standards really this high after an 0-2 start and a 2-16 record since Opening Day last year? Or would people rather see Cam Newton being talked about on PTI after another 400 yard game? I think that might be it. There is a segment of the fan base that would much rather hear Colin Cowherd spend more segments praising us in defeat than nobody on ESPN mentioning us in victory.

might be because half the huddlers are half the age of 30?

#60 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:05 PM

Felt better after the losses.

You'd rather have Pro Bowlers than Super Bowlers? :confused:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.