Photo
- - - - -

The remainder of my life is a free gift.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#25 beckersteen

beckersteen

Nihilum

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:33 PM

didn't you have a post a number of months back about being depressed about life with no direction/vision/passion?

let this be your catalyst for something great.

Yes. I've been through a lot in the last 10 months. Although I believe I'm the right track these days this event certainly makes me feel more appreciative for everything that I have. I mean I'm just flat out happy to be alive.

#26 beckersteen

beckersteen

Nihilum

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:34 PM

Be glad your OK. Throw a little love out there to GM, looks like car held up.

I think a lot of things went right for me to walk away and one of those is the car. I really think the size and build of the car really took the hit for me.

#27 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:35 PM

Glad to see you are OK.

That said, remember folks, putting off buying tires for "one more month" can sometimes have really bad results.

When I was in college and didn't have enough money for tires I let it go a bit too long. It was raining, and I was going under the speed limit, but a very similar situation to beckersteen's happened to me.

#28 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:36 PM

Glad to see you are OK.

That said, remember folks, putting off buying tires for "one more month" can sometimes have really bad results.

When I was in college and didn't have enough money for tires I let it go a bit too long. It was raining, and I was going under the speed limit, but a very similar situation to beckersteen's happened to me.

f*cking THIS. Tires. the most important safety feature a car has.

#29 beckersteen

beckersteen

Nihilum

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:00 PM

Glad to see you are OK.

I had replaced my tires a month ago. Nonetheless you are very much right. Just gotta take it slow on those hilly/curvey roads.

#30 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

Glad you are okay.

The rest of everyone's life is a free gift, honestly. Some just appreciate it more than others.

Yes, glad you are ok. A good reminder for us all. Sorry for what you had to go through for this lesson....but...it is one of those things that could be the best thing that ever happened.

I hope it is a positive thing for you. Sounds like you are taking it that way.

#31 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:37 PM

Unless there is a threat you shouldn't move at all, let the medics and FF do it for you.

Glad you're ok.

#32 beckersteen

beckersteen

Nihilum

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:47 PM

Unless there is a threat you shouldn't move at all, let the medics and FF do it for you.

Glad you're ok.

That sounds good, but i didn't feeling like staying in my upside down car in a ditch with broken glass everywhere. I feel like I assessed pretty well once my car became stationary.

#33 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

Moderators

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:56 AM

I own a car lot if you bring that hunk of junk down I'll give you $500 trade in value for it towards a car off my lot.

#34 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:05 AM

Love the shameless plug mush.

#35 Guest_Spaz_*

Guest_Spaz_*
Guests

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:42 PM

Glad you're okay.

Live your life to the fullest & enjoy every second of it because you only live once & tomorrow isn't guaranteed.