Photo
- - - - -

Why I'm Glad Fans Have No Say In the FO

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
105 replies to this topic

#97 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:06 AM

I personally do not think Hurney is a bad GM at all, I just don't think he is all that great. I do think he has the capability of putting together a team that wins but I feel like he's really trying too hard to continually "build for the future through the draft."

Again, I don't think fans realize that every GM has to have that kind of mindset. The way the talent distribution is in the NFL, it is extremely hard to be able to field a team with excellent talent on both sides of the ball while actually being able to afford said talent. Premier players are so hard to find that anytime a team develops a good player they are often a free agent and command huge contracts on the open market, meaning they either have to tie a lot of money into that player or have someone in the pipeline ready to replace him. That's why the "building through the draft mantra" is so ingrained: free agency has made acquiring talent very difficult unless you are literally only a piece or two at the most from a Super Bowl. There are also no guarantees with those high-priced additions (see: Philadelphia, 2011.)

#98 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:17 AM

is anyone is actually suggesting that the OP is wrong in assuming that hurney and the coaching staff are better equipped to manage the team than the average huddle poster?

#99 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:19 AM

is anyone is actually suggesting that the OP is wrong in assuming that hurney and the coaching staff are better equipped to manage the team than the average huddle poster?

Are you joking?

Give me two weeks and this team will be in the superbowl.

That's a fuging FACT.

#100 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:20 AM

the packers are the only team in the nfl where shareholders have (limited) administrative power on the team.

i imagine many of those shareholders are fans

#101 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:21 AM

also, nick hayden is a better DT than any of these random internet posters

#102 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:22 AM

Are you joking?

Give me two weeks and this team will be in the superbowl.

That's a fuging FACT.

But. . .the Super Bowl's in February. Holy crap, you can bend space and time as well?

Someone hire this man!

#103 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:23 AM

But. . .the Super Bowl's in February. Holy crap, you can bend space and time as well?

Someone hire this man!

what can I say, I'm pretty much amazing.

#104 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:57 AM

You've posted up some the last couple of weeks. Previous to that you have a two year hole where you have no posts on the Huddle.

I was actually on a different Panthers forum that a friend of mine started, as a co-mod, but he passed away last year and we merged into /r/panthers on reddit. I may not have been posting here but I've been active in the Panthers fandom every year I've had internet access.

#105 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:21 AM

I am as upset as the next guy that this teams defense is as crappy as we thought it was going to be at the start of the season

I have never thought that the Panthers were going to the playoffs this year. We do not have the talent or veteran leadership that it takes on defense to win games.

At first I predicted we would win 6 games. I still hold to that.

We knew this in the preseason.

I think it's amusing that some of you are surprised that we are losing as if you thought that the Panthers were supposed to be some playoff team the year after 2-14. We are rebuilding. That's what happens. It's a process.

#106 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:47 AM

nice post fire