• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:31 PM

Here's the problem: you are not going to like what Obama does. That's why you voted for the other guy, even though you know that they are about 80 percent identical on their stances when push comes to shove.

Here's what would have been nice.....

Pelosi and Reid bring him this massive spending bill and he says "cut ALL pork out of this and bring it back to me".

His staff not writing in the loophole in the bank bailout that allowed execs to get bonuses. Then him not grandstanding on the issue when his own people put that in there.

Reaching out to the right, instead of taking every opportunity, such as his speeches in Europe, to pile on W. Reagan didn't do that to Carter.

#17 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,788 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:32 PM

what i find interesting is how his high overall approval rating relates to his low approval rating among republicans.

what those numbers together mean is that there are very few people identifying themselves as republicans these days.

the republican party has been reduced to a small but extremist enclave who talk endlessly of teleprompters while everyone else laughs at them. the American people have shown remarkable unity in marginalizing conservatism.

#18 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:34 PM

the republican party has been reduced to a small but extremist enclave who talk endlessly of teleprompters while everyone else laughs at them. the American people have shown remarkable unity in marginalizing conservatism.

That's what you'd LIKE them to be.

#19 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:39 PM

Here's what would have been nice.....

Pelosi and Reid bring him this massive spending bill and he says "cut ALL pork out of this and bring it back to me".

His staff not writing in the loophole in the bank bailout that allowed execs to get bonuses. Then him not grandstanding on the issue when his own people put that in there.

Reaching out to the right, instead of taking every opportunity, such as his speeches in Europe, to pile on W. Reagan didn't do that to Carter.

What the hell is not pork in a bill designed to spend lots of money? How long would it have taken to come to a conclusion that would have satisfied you?

Personally I think that the "loophole", as has been echoed by many more clearly thinking people, was a good idea other than the PR disaster. It was meant to show that contracts would be honored, and companies would not be totally beholden to the government (something else which pisses off conservatives). I guess government control is only good when it makes you happy.

He already tried to put a Republican in his Cabinet, who refused - another example of what I just described; a person next to Obama who could speak on a lot on important issues quit because grandstanding was more important to the RNC.

#20 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,788 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:39 PM

That's what you'd LIKE them to be.

it's the truth. Obama won by captivating 1) democrats 2) moderates 3) centrist republicans who couldn't support Palin.

he has a high approval rating right now made up of those groups. so naturally the remaining small number of far-right republicans are going to be even more hyperpartisan as the rest of the country leaves them in the dust.

#21 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:42 PM

it's the truth. Obama won by captivating 1) democrats 2) moderates 3) centrist republicans who couldn't support Palin.

he has a high approval rating right now made up of those groups. so naturally the remaining small number of far-right republicans are going to be even more hyperpartisan as the rest of the country leaves them in the dust.

Well I guess we will see next year. Because I see 1994 all over again.

#22 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,788 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

you see, i was even more right than i thought... only 24% of people in this pew research identified as republicans. that's the lowest ever.

#23 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:45 PM

you see, i was even more right than i thought... only 24% of people in this pew research identified as republicans. that's the lowest ever.

There weren't too many people on this board who called themselves democrats until Obama won. Funny how that works.

#24 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,788 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:52 PM

there probably aren't many now. i think most tinderboxers are loyal to their ideas and not to parties on both sides. but national polls aren't made up of tinderbox posters.

#25 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:56 PM

There weren't too many people on this board who called themselves democrats until Obama won. Funny how that works.

there are people on this board who call themselves democrats?

#26 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:57 PM

All of you who are crooning "bring out ye dead!" around Republican headquarters around the country need to understand that conservatives will always be around. They are the ground wire. The live wire liberals will always be around, too, only they change face every 10 years or so. Yin and yang. Can't have one without the other.

Look at the ratings of Fox and Rush. Then look at the ratings of MSNBC.

#27 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:00 PM

Don't forget American Idol!

#28 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,788 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:00 PM

look at the record sales of Flo Rida and Lady GaGa. then tell me how many of your friends bought their records.

#29 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:05 PM

Flo Rida and Lady Gaga made his friend go out and buy more guns, does that count?

#30 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:05 PM

look at the record sales of Flo Rida and Lady GaGa. then tell me how many of your friends bought their records.

Like I said....both will always be around....only every year, thousands of lefties are making that transition that comes with adulthood.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com