57 replies to this topic

#16 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:07 PM

One of the guys in my carpool has a 2004-5ish 5 series. Guess who never drives because his car is always in the shop? So, I guess there's that. You can pull a fast one over on your carpool...

I have a Subaru WRX with the boxer engine. 115K, never done anything but oil and tires. Love that freakin thing.

Edited by Mother Grabber, 13 December 2011 - 06:09 PM.

#17 Jbro

Jbro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,538 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:20 PM

I had a 2002 m5 , never had problems andlovedit. Traded it in in 2006.

I knew a mechanic at the dealership I traded it in at. He told me it pretty much blew up 2 weeks later when a sales manager was taking it to lunch.

#18 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:42 PM

Consumer reports online account worth getting.

#19 pawsandclaws

pawsandclaws

Speaker of the House

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

My son bought a used 325i (09). Had it 2 weeks and the battery went out which is OK....I figured about time. It was $300 not installed. I asked why he bought 3 batteries. His had that tailgate package with like 2 huge power inverters in trunk.

#20 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

For every horror story on here 20 more are happy. Just buy what u want. I love BMW.

#21 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:46 PM

Never saw the point of the 328. If you want the performance got up to the 335, if not, just buy a 1 series. The backseat in the 328 is comically small.

#22 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:51 AM

BMW=Bring Money Withya

#23 Razzy

Razzy

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:15 AM

I bought my first truck 3 years ago and now I'll never go back to cars.

#24 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,129 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:47 AM

My friend has an 09 328i - got it as a Christmas gift. Doesn't get good gas mileage, and is costing him a fortune to maintain. Drives like a beauty though. As many have pointed out... the backseat is a complete and utter joke. Has maybe enough room for a lapdog.

If you're willing to sacrifice practicality and $$ for performance, go for it. If you have any sort of budget, however, I'd say avoid Bimmers and German cars in general. You could get a brand new high-performance American car for the same price as a 4 year-old Bimmer.

#25 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:18 AM

My friend has an 09 328i - got it as a Christmas gift. Doesn't get good gas mileage, and is costing him a fortune to maintain. Drives like a beauty though. As many have pointed out... the backseat is a complete and utter joke. Has maybe enough room for a lapdog.

If you're willing to sacrifice practicality and $$ for performance, go for it. If you have any sort of budget, however, I'd say avoid Bimmers and German cars in general. You could get a brand new high-performance American car for the same price as a 4 year-old Bimmer.

:smilielol5:

#26 Kitten Diver

Kitten Diver

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:52 AM

You could get a brand new high-performance American car for the same price as a 4 year-old Bimmer.

No. I agreed with you until you went out in left field.

Europeans got the performance down, but they aren't practical at all. Buy it if you have the money to burn. I had a Euro sports car as well, but sold it before the warranty ran out. I now have an Accord. It is in no way a performance car, but it is much cheaper to maintain.
If youre a youngin that wants to try to nouveau riche it up for a while go ahead. Its the American way! You'll soon get tired of the expensive gas, tires, parts, etc though.

#27 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,415 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:00 AM

my wife has one....it lives at the repair shop.

lucky for us it is her company car.

#28 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,828 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:34 PM

My GTI is completely practical - I can fit my family in it and a decent amount of groceries. It goes pretty darn fast and handles amazingly well stock, but if I work at it I can get 34MPG coming home from the office.

Jetta or a 4 door GTI would make it even more "practical" but the kids wanted the 2 door for some reason.

I sell or trade them in below 100,000 miles, although my daughter has a 2000 Jetta with 150,000 miles that's actually ran really well for her all things considered (she's had it for 4 years).

#29 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:15 PM

My sister had a Passat that was the biggest piece of unreliable shit I'd ever seen.

#30 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:21 PM

We've got a 2009 745i, drives like a dream, but the repair and service costs for any BMW are ridiculouse..by way of example on the 7 series the tires are run flats..e.g expensive as hell to replace not sure about the three series, additionally your rountine checks are ridiculously expensive (we've not left out of Hendrick with less than a 350 bill) oil changes....again ridiculous....all in all though we like the car and more than likely will buy another one....my advice to you for service is too find someone else other than Hendricks...IMO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com