234 replies to this topic

#121 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

his numbers are definitely better. if he fell to us at 9 or 10 i would have no problem taking him. elite possession receiver

His # are not much better then D Jarret's (and people still rip Hurney for that pick).

#122 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:14 PM

Blackmon is very lucky to be in this particular draft, and a team desperate for a WR might take him in the top 10. I could certainly see him falling out of the top ten, as he's not as talented as he's being hyped up to be imo.

#123 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

we have 2 pro-bowl caliber running backs along with cam newton with another 2-3 good years left in steve with a banged up bad defense, pretty sure we can afford to wait another year before we decide we need to draft a replacement for smitty.

i would be sad if we decided to use our money pick on offense, i would rather trade the pick for more picks

#124 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 3,040 posts

Blackmon is very lucky to be in this particular draft, and a team desperate for a WR might take him in the top 10. I could certaily see him falling out of the top ten, as he's not as talented as he's being hyped up to be imo.

Posted Image

#125 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:17 PM

His # are not much better then D Jarret's (and people still rip Hurney for that pick).

Also Jarret Played with better RB a good TE and another good WR on the other side and still put up similar numbers to Blackmon.

#126 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

Blackmon might develope into a good possession reciever at the next level. He'll have to fucus on winning jump balls, he's 6'1", but his long arms will help a little, and he'll have to use his strong body to try and shield defenders from the ball. He's not going to stretch the field and get good seperation at the next level imo. He'll eventually be a #2 WR if things go well, but I wouldn't spend a top 10 pick on him. You spend a top ten pick on a WR, the hope is you get a great WR like AJ Green, not Blackmon.

Edited by pantherj, 22 December 2011 - 03:33 PM.

#127 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,643 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

1st it usually takes 3 years for a wr to develop (don't let Calvin Johnson,Randy Moss and AJ green fool you they are not the norm). We are in year 2 with Lafell (not to mention no offseason) and year 1 with everybody else.

2nd you don't build depht with your 1st round pick!!! They guy should be a starter from day one. Depht is built with your 3rd thur 6th round picks.

3rd Now Lafell is starting over LA so I guess he's earn his spot.

4th Again we are the 5th ranked offense and the only offense in the top 5 not in the playoff race. WHY IS that??? (Defense) The offense with a full offseason will get better without adding anybody but our players on IR. We need to use our resources (draft & FA) to help our defense.

5th "Elite talent" remeber Micheal Carbtree was "elite Talent" as well. To many holes on defense to take a chance on a player that really isn't needed in the big picture.

Blackmon has the skill set to start from day 1. if you dont build depth with 1st rounders than you might want to tell the nfl that because it happens all the time.LaFell is a solid #2 but not a #1 WR, thats why im thinking about the future and saying if he is there you might have to ****** him up. Crabtree was elite but has been injured a ton.

what will break his stock is if he runs a slow 40 than you should pass on him. yes the defense is struggling but it could be upgraded through FA as well and just threw the draft.

#128 Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel

Respect the Rivera

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:46 PM

For who is left when we pick on McShay's board, taking Blackmon is a no-brainer. With the exception of maybe the OT from Stanford, everyone else is a reach or doesn't fit a need. Blackmon is the #1 WR, a skilled player and though our offense is solid, Smitty isn't going to be here forever. The smart teams think forward enough past the immediate 1-2 years and by the end of next year, Smith is going to start his decline into a #2 aging WR. The jury is technically still out on LaFell and Gettis, though if Gettis recovers from his injury, he should thrive with Newton. Still, IMO, is too many question marks to pass on this year's #1 WR if he's there when we pick and Kalil and Claibourne are gone. There are only 3 players in this draft that I am sold on (outside of the QB's) being franchise-changing players and that is Kalil, Claibourne and Blackmon.

#129 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

Blackmon has the skill set to start from day 1. if you dont build depth with 1st rounders than you might want to tell the nfl that because it happens all the time.LaFell is a solid #2 but not a #1 WR, thats why im thinking about the future and saying if he is there you might have to ****** him up. Crabtree was elite but has been injured a ton.

what will break his stock is if he runs a slow 40 than you should pass on him. yes the defense is struggling but it could be upgraded through FA as well and just threw the draft.

You keep missing the point. I know he can start from day 1 the Question is do we need him. NO.

Is drafting Blackmon going to make Captin a better cover CB? NO

You said Depht meaning Back-ups. In todays NFL your 1st and 2nd round pick should be starters from day one not back-ups.

How do you know what Lafell and Gettis are they have only been in the league 1 and 2 years. Until they develop we don't know what they can be.

With your thinking Steve smith would have been nothing but a special team player. He had less numbers in his 1st year then Gettis and Lafell.

#130 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:00 PM

Blackmon is not fit to hold Smith's jock strap, nor could he dream of being a #1 WR at the next level. We're not drafting Blackmon, we have too many WR in developement as it is, and he wouldn't be a major upgrade.

The CBs for next season are #1 Gamble, #2 Hogan, #3 Captain.

#131 PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme

The Greatest!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:07 PM

as bad as our defense is.. and as many holes as our defense is, it just doesnt seem wise to draft a offensive player.. the offense is already in the top 8 in almost every category

the defense is almost last in most categories.. drafting offense is foolish.. that means Hurney will almost certainly do it

#132 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:10 PM

Well I think it would be easy to upgrade our RG position with this draft. Also Shockey might not be back next season, we could find a much faster TE in this draft.

#133 klumme

klumme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

Well I think it would be easy to upgrade our RG position with this draft. Also Shockey might not be back next season, we could find a much faster TE in this draft.

We already have a much faster TE on the roster. Two actually. What Shockey brings is attitude and he can block.

#134 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

We already have a much faster TE on the roster. Two actually. What Shockey brings is attitude and he can block.

I think he's at the end of his rope, or very close to it. Seeing pics of his internal bleeding, and his general slowness on pass routes and yac leaves a lot to be desired.

#135 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

Of course we have faster TEs on the roster, any TE would be faster. We're also looking at the talent level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com