• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 TMS3426

TMS3426

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:43 AM

Would you take a shot at a SS like Barron and move Godfrey to FS? Playing at Bama he should be smart, disciplined and I know he can hit.

Needing help vs both the run and pass would this guy be an option at 11 or 12?

#2 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,605 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:13 AM

I like this guy but not as a top 10 pick.I guess if we win out it may be a possibility.

#3 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,747 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:16 AM

Is he second round material

#4 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,299 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:23 AM

Everything I've heard says he (and the other two top Safeties) are good 2nd round picks. If Minnifield, Jenkins or one of the other upper 2nd round CBs isn't available to us when we pick in the 2nd, we should take a shot at Barron, Markelle Martin or TJ McDonald. ESPN's scout page has a big disparity amongst the three (Barron rated 93, Martin 77 and McDonald 72) but I've heard good things about all 3. They also have another guy, Harrison Smith from ND, as the 2nd ranked Safety at 79. Haven't heard anything about him.

#5 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:23 AM

Barron will be a high 2nd round pick.

Minnifield is the best pure Zone corner in the draft. We just happen to run a zone scheme.. would love to take him in the 1st b4 the Steelers or Packers get to him.

#6 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:26 AM

Godfrey at FS, that's worse than SS.

Godrfey struggles in pass coverage but does well in the run game. How does that translate to FS?

Barron will be a high 2nd round pick.

Minnifield is the best pure Zone corner in the draft. We just happen to run a zone scheme.. would love to take him in the 1st b4 the Steelers or Packers get to him.

Really? I have seen way more man coverage this year. I don't think we are a zone scheme.

Edited by RadioKiller, 23 December 2011 - 10:30 AM.

#7 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

Godfrey at FS, that's worse than SS.

Godrfey struggles in pass coverage but does well in the run game. How does that translate to FS?

Really? I have seen way more man coverage this year. I don't think we are a zone scheme.

We run zone 90% of the time. We are zone blitzing defense just the old Eagles and current Steelers except they are in the 34.

#8 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

This is a terrible idea... Why not just draft a better coverage safety and move him there? Or better yet, actually drafting one of the quality FS' in this year's draft.

What would compell someone to do something this dumb? Why would you think this? The fact that you knew Barron's name?

#9 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,769 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:39 PM

I don't like taking safeties in the top half of the 1st round unless he's a truly special prospect. I don't see one of those guys in this draft.

#10 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

I would be fine with him in the 2nd. Great in run support (which we could use).

#11 TMS3426

TMS3426

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

I threw this out there because I don't think our safeties are very good and we could use a guy who can be an enforcer. Barron is creeping up the draft boards and I think he's a stud who can actually tackle runners on a routine basis.

#12 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

We already have a run enforcer safety in Godrey. We need a safety who has coverage skills.

#13 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:14 PM

We already have a run enforcer safety in Godrey. We need a safety who has coverage skills.

I actually like his teammate Lester better. Isn't that great at run support but is great in Zone and pretty good in Man.

#14 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:26 PM

I like Lester, he may be available in the second round. Yet personally, I believe Sherrod is a better safety than he's been this year. I think we should give him another shot, but we definately need to draft a safety within the first three rounds. (Of course trading up into the third.)

#15 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:53 PM

I've been tooting the Lester horn for months now.
I would like to draft him, but with the need at CB growing and there being loads of talent available in that round, Lesteray not be affordable to pick in that position.

The remedy for that is to obviously draft a CB in the first-buy then you ignore the true root of our problems defensively-which is the front 7-until at least the 4th.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com