Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Barron

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Would you take a shot at a SS like Barron and move Godfrey to FS? Playing at Bama he should be smart, disciplined and I know he can hit.

Needing help vs both the run and pass would this guy be an option at 11 or 12?

Posted · Report post

I like this guy but not as a top 10 pick.I guess if we win out it may be a possibility.

Posted · Report post

Is he second round material

Posted · Report post

Everything I've heard says he (and the other two top Safeties) are good 2nd round picks. If Minnifield, Jenkins or one of the other upper 2nd round CBs isn't available to us when we pick in the 2nd, we should take a shot at Barron, Markelle Martin or TJ McDonald. ESPN's scout page has a big disparity amongst the three (Barron rated 93, Martin 77 and McDonald 72) but I've heard good things about all 3. They also have another guy, Harrison Smith from ND, as the 2nd ranked Safety at 79. Haven't heard anything about him.

Posted · Report post

Barron will be a high 2nd round pick.

Minnifield is the best pure Zone corner in the draft. We just happen to run a zone scheme.. would love to take him in the 1st b4 the Steelers or Packers get to him.

Posted · Report post

Godfrey at FS, that's worse than SS.

Godrfey struggles in pass coverage but does well in the run game. How does that translate to FS?

[quote name='Lout']Barron will be a high 2nd round pick.

Minnifield is the best pure Zone corner in the draft. [B] We just happen to run a zone scheme[/B].. would love to take him in the 1st b4 the Steelers or Packers get to him.[/QUOTE]

Really? I have seen way more man coverage this year. I don't think we are a zone scheme.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='RadioKiller']Godfrey at FS, that's worse than SS.

Godrfey struggles in pass coverage but does well in the run game. How does that translate to FS?

Really? I have seen way more man coverage this year. I don't think we are a zone scheme.[/QUOTE]

We run zone 90% of the time. We are zone blitzing defense just the old Eagles and current Steelers except they are in the 34.

Posted · Report post

This is a terrible idea... Why not just draft a better coverage safety and move him there? Or better yet, actually drafting one of the quality FS' in this year's draft.

What would compell someone to do something this dumb? Why would you think this? The fact that you knew Barron's name?

Posted · Report post

I don't like taking safeties in the top half of the 1st round unless he's a truly special prospect. I don't see one of those guys in this draft.

Posted · Report post

I would be fine with him in the 2nd. Great in run support (which we could use).

[yt]LmCX6Jxmjb8[/yt]

Posted · Report post

I threw this out there because I don't think our safeties are very good and we could use a guy who can be an enforcer. Barron is creeping up the draft boards and I think he's a stud who can actually tackle runners on a routine basis.

Posted · Report post

We already have a run enforcer safety in Godrey. We need a safety who has coverage skills.