240 replies to this topic

#16 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,729 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:12 PM

Of course he is helping his point, which is to disabuse you of the rather goofy idea that one guy was able to singlehandedly get Obama elected.

The reason Obama had so much money is not because of the standard corporate donations, but because of the tons of smaller individual contributions.

#17 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,131 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:19 PM

I'm not measuring penises here. He's somehow discounting the tea parties that are going on in quite a number of places even around here in NC by attributing them to some grand organization telling/funding them to think a certain way. He couldn't be more wrong...and even if it were true that there is funding somehow...so what. Go see if the protestors are being paid. If they are...then he's got a beef. I don't like ACORN paying crackheads to fill out voter registration forms...and I wouldn't like paid protestors...but I think Fiz is just full of it.

#18 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,809 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:21 PM

The reason Obama had so much money is not because of the standard corporate donations, but because of the tons of smaller individual contributions.

i mean that's part of it but it's not like the banks didn't know what they were getting with him.

http://www.opensecre...ect.php?ind=F03

you can scroll through all of those. saying it was all george soros is laughable.

#19 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:21 PM

Of course he is helping his point, which is to disabuse you of the rather goofy idea that one guy was able to singlehandedly get Obama elected.

Obama won because he was able to spend circles around McCain. McCain was pulling out of states at the end while Obama ran an hour long infomercial on all three networks on the eve of the election. What's funny is the people like Zod acting like the election was some kind of mandate and somehow signaled the death of the Republican party. Look at us, we finally won an election! This must mean everyone loves the handout party now!

#20 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:24 PM

Probably some furry convention thingy like I saw on CSI once. Queers are into some crazy stuff.

just pointing out, i don't think you can blame furries on teh gheys.

#21 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,809 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:24 PM

I'm not measuring penises here. He's somehow discounting the tea parties that are going on in quite a number of places even around here in NC by attributing them to some grand organization telling/funding them to think a certain way. He couldn't be more wrong...and even if it were true that there is funding somehow...so what. Go see if the protestors are being paid. If they are...then he's got a beef. I don't like ACORN paying crackheads to fill out voter registration forms...and I wouldn't like paid protestors...but I think Fiz is just full of it.

you're missing the point and acting like a petulant child in the process.

I don't doubt that these people are outraged. Whether or not the things they are outraged about has any merit, well, that's something else entirely.

however, they are expressing their outrage under the guise that it's a grassroots, populist campaign, that sprouted completely organically and naturally.

These things are demonstrably not true, and the people that attend these events are doing the king's bidding.

this is not a difficult concept to understand.

#22 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,131 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:25 PM

Obama knew he couldn't beat McCain through abiding by the simple limitations of public financing/matching of campaign contributions. He backed out on his word...he was bought and paid for. So if there's a negative to being financed to get your word out...Obamessiah is the Pope.

#23 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,131 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:26 PM

just pointing out, i don't think you can blame furries on teh gheys.

It's a grey area...they like to blur the lines in deviancy. I didn't mean to imply they are symbiotic.

#24 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,131 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:28 PM

you're missing the point and acting like a petulant child in the process.

I don't doubt that these people are outraged. Whether or not the things they are outraged about has any merit, well, that's something else entirely.

however, they are expressing their outrage under the guise that it's a grassroots, populist campaign, that sprouted completely organically and naturally.

These things are demonstrably not true, and the people that attend these events are doing the king's bidding.

this is not a difficult concept to understand.

You mean like through online networking? like FaceBook? Blogospheres? Wait a minute...Obama did that too.

#25 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,809 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:31 PM

Obama knew he couldn't beat McCain through abiding by the simple limitations of public financing/matching of campaign contributions. He backed out on his word...he was bought and paid for. So if there's a negative to being financed to get your word out...Obamessiah is the Pope.

well, no, not exactly.

obama knew he couldn't beat McCain using public financing plus the limitless coffers of the republican national committee, plus McCain's own private wealth.

You mean like through online networking? like FaceBook? Blogospheres? Wait a minute...Obama did that too.

you just compared your precious little protest to that which you despise. congratulations

#26 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:40 PM

Fiz why do you (or anyone else, for that matter) care if a bunch of people go out and protest taxes? Isn't this a lot like the dipshits who used to hold hands for nuclear peace? Let them have their rallies. They'll all get home and realize they just wasted four hours of their time.

#27 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,131 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:41 PM

you just compared your precious little protest to that which you despise. congratulations

Who said I despised online networking?

Word of mouth still works too.

#28 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,809 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:50 PM

Fiz why do you (or anyone else, for that matter) care if a bunch of people go out and protest taxes? Isn't this a lot like the dippoos who used to hold hands for nuclear peace? Let them have their rallies. They'll all get home and realize they just wasted four hours of their time.

I don't have any problem at all with protesting. In fact I encourage responsible protesting, which involves public demonstration and aggressive information campaigns.

watering this down to me being against protest is very disingenuous.

What I am against are corporate interests operating under the guise of populism as a means of manufacturing consent. I am against people voting and protesting with false consciousness. I've taken part in protests here in Atlanta at AIG headquarters in Dunwoody. This was organized organically over a period of two months. We didn't have corporate sponsorships.

These teaparties are simply a public face to a corporate campaign for corporate tax breaks and further deregulation. If you think that at the end of the day the people who have organized these events that you are carrying out care about you at all and have your best interests in mind then I suggest you order [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Death-Thousand-Cuts-Taxing-Inherited/dp/0691122938"]Death by a Thousand Cuts[/ame].

Who said I despised online networking?

Word of mouth still works too.

there is a very large difference between say an event created on facebook, or a protest getting its directions off twitter, and something created by dick army with massive amounts of corporate sponsorships popping up instantly all over the country under the guise of grassroots.

don't try to make this something it's not

#29 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,131 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:52 PM

Do you honestly believe that even tea parties held in towns as small as Edenton, NC got a dime from a Dick Armey sponsorship? Are you really this nutty?

Are you really a KaseKopied psuedo-id? The 9/11 conspiracy stuff you wanted to float anonymously right?

#30 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,809 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:00 PM

Do you honestly believe that even tea parties held in towns as small as Edenton, NC got a dime from a Dick Armey sponsorship? Are you really this nutty?

well yes I do because it's RIGHT ON THEIR OFFICIAL WEBSITE YOU STUPID fuging PIECE OF poo

http://edentonteapar...m/sponsors.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.