• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#1 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

The argument with abortion is basically when does life begin? Recently I've been meditating (thinking) on Scripture (Bible), and I remember God telling Noah not to eat any animal with it's blood inside of it because it's life is in the blood.

So along with this kind of thought, I said to myself once the fetus produces it's own blood, certainly it's life is inside of it. It makes logical sense when you think about it (not to enforce my faith on others) because the fetus is certainly not circulating it's mother's blood. The blood it's circulating is it's own. I'm told by three or four weeks after conception, the heart forms and starts beating. So certainly by then, there is blood within the fetus. When you think about a dead body, and more specifically a body that's been dead for more than 48 hrs, the blood is no longer circulating and probably no longer present within the body. In the same way with conception and the days following, there may be no blood present. However certainly by the time the heart is beating (not that I'm saying blood is present once the heart is formed and beating), the fetus is circulating it's own blood. If there was a body in the morgue that we examined and found blood is still circulating within him/her, we would say this cat could still be alive.:D

So maybe science can answer at particulary what point does the fetus have it's own blood, and within that amount of time between conception and the flowing of blood, abortion can be done.

#2 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,194 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

Ever heard of "pearls to the swine" ?

#3 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

so i'm supposed to cook fetuses before i eat them right?

#4 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

Ever heard of "pearls to the swine" ?

I'm not necessarily arguing faith here, only it kind of makes sense that if the fetus has it's own blood, then life has taken a hold of it. The blood is independent of the mother, or in other words, the blood is the fetus' and not the mother's.

#5 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:58 AM

IMO, life begins at conception. And even if it doesn't, if not aborted the fetus will grow into a child the vast majority of the time so the argument of when life begins is rather pointless. Abortions prevent life; end of discussion as far as I'm concerned.

It all comes down to responsibility to me. If someone is acting even semi-responsibly there are very, very few excuses for someone becoming pregnant in this day and age if they don't want to with all the various forms of birth control available. You know, unless Rick Santorum gets elected President...

#6 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,194 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

I'm not necessarily arguing faith here, only it kind of makes sense that if the fetus has it's own blood, then life has taken a hold of it. The blood is independent of the mother, or in other words, the blood is the fetus' and not the mother's.

I am just saying your argument will not be met well.

#7 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,601 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

My belief is that life begins when the fetus heart starts beating... you'll get eleventy billion different opinions on this question.

#8 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

Ohh boy, another one of these debates.

#9 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

IMO, life begins at conception. And even if it doesn't, if not aborted the fetus will grow into a child the vast majority of the time so the argument of when life begins is rather pointless. Abortions prevent life; end of discussion as far as I'm concerned.

So do condoms and abstinence.

#10 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,054 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:07 AM

Wow.....he jumped feet first into a real poostorm this morning. The OP was not messing around.

This will get interesting.

#11 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,235 posts

If it doesn't begin at conception, then you can argue abortion wouldn't be taking a life. My argument about the blood comes from what I've studied in Scripture, but even if people don't believe in God, I believe there's a good case if the fetus have it's own blood then it is certainly alive.

Before then, the fetus is just a mixing of mom and dad's information.

#12 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

I don't believe life begins until it takes it's first independent breath, before that point it is nothing more than a parasite!

#13 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

there's a lot of argument to be made that they're parasites up until they're about 25.

#14 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

IMO, life begins at conception.

" A three-day-old human embryo is a collection of 150 cells called a blastocyst. There are, for the sake of comparison, more than 100,000 cells in the brain of a fly."

"It has been estimated that 50% of all human conceptions end in spontaneous abortion, usually without a woman even realizing that she was pregnant. In fact, 20% of all recognized pregnancies end in miscarriage."

#15 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

Abortions prevent life; end of discussion as far as I'm concerned.

"Almost every cell in your body is a potential human being, given our recent advances in genetic engineering. Every time you scratch your nose, you have committed a holocaust of potential human beings. This is a fact."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.