Photo
- - - - -

FDA to allow 17 year olds to get "morning after pill"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#25 Fireball77

Fireball77

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:39 AM

And don't think for a moment that daughters are going to consult mom and pop before having sex anyways. So this isn't really a parenting issue. Forbidding sex just fuels curiosity anyways and I'd say it would be more counterproductive than anything else (not that I'm saying you should encourage sexual activity, mind you). Thinking you can tell your child not to have sex and them follow those instructions is just silly.

It isn't a matter of parents "forbidding" it per se, it's a matter of restricting situations it might occur in, and making sure that responsibility for and consequences of all things are talked about and shown in all aspects of life by the parents. Making sure that when you give a kid a rule, and they break it (because they will press the issue, always) they suffer the consequences you have outlined for that and it doesn't get blown off so that when it comes to serious things like having sex, all that comes into play. All that does is give a basis for correct decisions to be made by offspring though and that's all we can ask of parents IMO.

#26 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:41 AM

if parents were doing their jobs, it wouldn't be an issue.

:Yawn:

Hooey! Plenty of good parents have good kids, who are having sex.

#27 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:44 AM

I'm kinda surprised at the lack of outrage.

But also happy.

I personally have a problem with any attractive woman having sex with someone other than myself.

#28 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:45 AM

It isn't a matter of parents "forbidding" it per se, it's a matter of restricting situations it might occur in, and making sure that responsibility for and consequences of all things are talked about and shown in all aspects of life by the parents. Making sure that when you give a kid a rule, and they break it (because they will press the issue, always) they suffer the consequences you have outlined for that and it doesn't get blown off so that when it comes to serious things like having sex, all that comes into play. All that does is give a basis for correct decisions to be made by offspring though and that's all we can ask of parents IMO.

I agree with you completely without any reservations, but you can't lock a kid up in a closet to restrict those opportunities. There will always be opportunities for that kind of behavior in situations you never deemed to have them. It's a fact of life. Case in point: I knew people in school who would sneak off into the woods during lunch period and have sex.

#29 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

Administrators

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:07 PM

BS. My daughter will be locked in her room until she's 30.

#30 Fireball77

Fireball77

HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:07 PM

I agree, Liquid, which is why I am more pro having that pill available. I would much rather no baby comes of such things which are going to happen in some way or another at times. PRACTICALLY speaking, I think it's the only real choice because I don't see the responsibility level of parents growing any time soon ergo I don't see it growing in children anytime soon. In an ideal world, the level of responsibility overall would increase, but let's be real.

#31 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:34 PM

When will they come up with a morning after pill that will make her look better?

#32 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:34 PM

I would rather my daughter wail til 30 too, but at least I feel pretty sure that she is not going to give it up in a car when she's drunk or something like that.

I did the best I could with her. Thankfully she is smart and thoughtful which has made it a lot easier.

#33 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:35 PM

It comes in a liquid form only at the moment.

Posted Image

#34 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:41 PM

When will they come up with a morning after pill that will make her look better?

It comes in a liquid form only at the moment.

Posted Image

lmao :ciappa:

#35 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:42 PM

BS. My daughter will be locked in her room until she's 30.

Your dog walks all over you. Your kid will do the same.

#36 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:54 PM

Just think if you could get Maureen McGovern to come sing "There's Got to be a Morning After" after every instance of teen sex. The problem would be solved within two weeks.