Photo
* * - - - 6 votes

Good News For Saints, Only Two Current Players Named For Punishment!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#16 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,384 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

yea the whole Parcels thing sounds like a GREAAAT idea

#17 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,638 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

After a second day of meeting between Goodell and NFL players union, information on players likely to see punishment was just released. Of the names given, only Will Smith and Vilma are current Saints players named.

Luckily, Lofton was brought in to replace Vilma along with some new LB's such as Hawthorne. As for Smith, Saint were still able to win all the games he missed as well as have recent picks from past two years that spend last year IR, such as Greg Romeus. Romeus would have been a 1st round but was injured. After a year of NFL grade conditioning, Romeus has potential to be a great pass rusher and is like we got a 1st round pass rusher this year.

GM Loomis is only being punished after his work is done at beginning of season.

Asst Vitt only has 6 games and could be reduced.

Payton could still end up out the full year, but his mentor Parcells could step in and babysit as Payton has spent the past two weeks planning out the season and leaving tons of lists ready as well as will be able to have contact with the staff during th season!

Bottom line. For those that thought Goodell would gut the Saints and make them less competitive, looks liked the dream is over, NFC South Champs Saints with best offense in history and new and improved defense is coming! WHO DAT!

I see no links to any credible source and you have proven to be the least credible of any source. At this point you are a troll who posts to get a reaction and puts up any kind of crap for attention. Until I see a list a list of punishments and layers I will put this along side your posts about how Brees is going to sign long term for the good of the team and how Payton is not going to get suspended, You are just a joke. Unfortunately a bad joke.

#18 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,638 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

Brees isn't going to play on the tag, they are working on a long term deal and have over month to complete it although everyone believes it will be faster than that.

Loomis has drawn a line in the sand and says he won't offer more. Bres says he won't play for less than 22 aa year for 5 years. You won't get it done for under 20 million a year. Unless the Saints pony up it isn't happening. Weren't you the one who said that a long term deal was around the corner 2 months ago before they franchised him. You are a joke and don't even know it. Then again you would have to show some insight to know that which you apparently have in short supply.

#19 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

I see no links to any credible source and you have proven to be the least credible of any source. At this point you are a troll who posts to get a reaction and puts up any kind of crap for attention. Until I see a list a list of punishments and layers I will put this along side your posts about how Brees is going to sign long term for the good of the team and how Payton is not going to get suspended, You are just a joke. Unfortunately a bad joke.

As stated in original post, it was reported on NFLN and you had the rest of the day to see the story. It specifically named the players that were facing suspensions, Vilma, Will Smith, Fujita, Harvgrove, and Alex Brown or McCray, forgot last one. Regardless, only Vilma and Smith current Saints players, everyone else is with retired or on other teams. They did say many more would be punished, but in the form of fines.

Did a quick search and found this thread showing the same info was reported by Schefter on ESPN also:

http://saintsreport....shefter-226369/

#20 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

This is from Steve Wyche. Since the ones looking at suspensions would have their cases looked at closely by NFLPA to verify evidence, then probably it's easy to figure out who will have a chance of being suspended by looking at which players have come into for interviews. Apparently only Vilma and Smith only current Saints players interviewed.

Besides interviewing Saints players Drew Brees and Will Smith , as well as former Saints and current Cleveland Browns linebacker Scott Fujita , at the recent NFLPA meetings, the union has interviewed numerous players who were with New Orleans during the alleged timeframe of the charges, Atallah said.

#21 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,723 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

Holy poo Pat....are you still here.

You are actually spending time posting on this board and appear to believe that ANYONE here can give two shits what you think. How pathetic is your life that getting insulted on here is the highlight of your day.

#22 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,638 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

As stated in original post, it was reported on NFLN and you had the rest of the day to see the story. It specifically named the players that were facing suspensions, Vilma, Will Smith, Fujita, Harvgrove, and Alex Brown or McCray, forgot last one. Regardless, only Vilma and Smith current Saints players, everyone else is with retired or on other teams. They did say many more would be punished, but in the form of fines.

Did a quick search and found this thread showing the same info was reported by Schefter on ESPN also:

http://saintsreport....shefter-226369/

Like I said this is not a credible source. This is the laughing stock of message boards.

#23 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,638 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

This is from Steve Wyche. Since the ones looking at suspensions would have their cases looked at closely by NFLPA to verify evidence, then probably it's easy to figure out who will have a chance of being suspended by looking at which players have come into for interviews. Apparently only Vilma and Smith only current Saints players interviewed.

Besides interviewing Saints players Drew Brees and Will Smith , as well as former Saints and current Cleveland Browns linebacker Scott Fujita , at the recent NFLPA meetings, the union has interviewed numerous players who were with New Orleans during the alleged timeframe of the charges, Atallah said.

The union is not the ones who will determine anything. They are doing their own investigation which may or may not be the same as the league. What you are doing is speculating from a homer perspective and puling the most positive spin you can. When the report comes out then we will all see what happens. Until then you have no more clue than anyone else. And please don't waste my time with talking head speculation about what might happen. Most of those folks are so in a hurry to report something they rarely verify their information or check the facts. until it comes from the league office, it is heresay at best.

#24 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

The union is not the ones who will determine anything. They are doing their own investigation which may or may not be the same as the league. What you are doing is speculating from a homer perspective and puling the most positive spin you can. When the report comes out then we will all see what happens. Until then you have no more clue than anyone else. And please don't waste my time with talking head speculation about what might happen. Most of those folks are so in a hurry to report something they rarely verify their information or check the facts. until it comes from the league office, it is heresay at best.

My original post is ZERO SPECULATION, the story ran on NFLN, the announcer (I believe the reporter was Hansen), said some information has come out today regarding the players suspensions. They mentioned specific people that they were told were the ones facing suspension as opposed to just fines. As stated before, of the multiple names release, only two where current players.

This is me reiterating a story reported on NFLN. Also, in the link I gave you, it appears the same story also ran the same day on ESPN. There was no speculation in my post, nor was there any spin either. It was basically repeating the story ran on NFLN. This story falls directly in line with last weeks statements that said the suspensions would only be for the defensive captains and leader and the overwhelming majority of players would receive fines.

So basically, if you have issue with story, or of it turns out to be incorrect, etc. talk to NFLN, I, just repeating the story they ran.

#25 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

Shut up dumbass.

#26 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

Shut up dumbass.

Do you really drive an 88 Bronco? LOL

#27 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,638 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

My original post is ZERO SPECULATION, the story ran on NFLN, the announcer (I believe the reporter was Hansen), said some information has come out today regarding the players suspensions. They mentioned specific people that they were told were the ones facing suspension as opposed to just fines. As stated before, of the multiple names release, only two where current players.

This is me reiterating a story reported on NFLN. Also, in the link I gave you, it appears the same story also ran the same day on ESPN. There was no speculation in my post, nor was there any spin either. It was basically repeating the story ran on NFLN. This story falls directly in line with last weeks statements that said the suspensions would only be for the defensive captains and leader and the overwhelming majority of players would receive fines.

So basically, if you have issue with story, or of it turns out to be incorrect, etc. talk to NFLN, I, just repeating the story they ran.

Earth to Lastra, come in for your hourly reality check. The NFLN story is speculation based on a few interviews the union is announcing. It has nothing to do with what the commissioners office is deciding or investigating. They are acting on their own and may be talking to the same or different people.

So repeating a speculative story and spinning it with your own homer point of view makes it even more speculative. And then you come onto a rival's site and wonder why it doesn't float. All I can say it wow.........

#28 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,171 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

wow you haven't killed yourself yet.

#29 Jonah Hill

Jonah Hill

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

Keep of the good fight Alejandro! We'll show these Panther fans, we'll eventually get Goodell suspended and get back all our draft picks. This injustice is OUTRAGEOUS!!!, we're basically being persecuted like the Jews by Hitler (Roger Goodell) except we're not going to accept being tossed in the NFL's oven. The Panthers should'nt even have a board, (s)Cam Newton is Jamarcus Russell 2.0 and was only successful because we were soft on him. We should totally meet up and do Saints stuff together, I'm open every day of the week, I'm guessing you are as well. WHO DAT! WHO DAT! WHO DAT!

#30 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

Do you really drive an 88 Bronco? LOL

Used to, when I signed up to this board years ago.

Keep of the good fight Alejandro! We'll show these Panther fans, we'll eventually get Goodell suspended and get back all our draft picks. This injustice is OUTRAGEOUS!!!, we're basically being persecuted like the Jews by Hitler (Roger Goodell) except we're not going to accept being tossed in the NFL's oven. The Panthers should'nt even have a board, (s)Cam Newton is Jamarcus Russell 2.0 and was only successful because we were soft on him. We should totally meet up and do Saints stuff together, I'm open every day of the week, I'm guessing you are as well. WHO DAT! WHO DAT! WHO DAT!

When do we get to start shoving you degenerates in ovens?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com