Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Do Nba Players Act So...

47 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't agree with someone's stance on something = they are stupid.

Pure ignorance.

Posted

Bet you weren't a fan of this either.

black-power-salute-at-the-olympics.jpg

Posted

Is it wrong that I've always wanted to see that picture photoshopped so that the white guy was doing the nazi salute?

1 person likes this

Posted

Winning the Gold for your country is the highest honor, the biggest accomplishment in athletics. You're competing against the best of the best around the World. And best believe every country on Earth wants to upset Team USA. The Americans have competed in dozens upon dozens of international competitions, they deserve the respect of folk heroes. I'm talking faces on stamps. Other countries do it for their guys.

Disagree. They're playing a game. They don't know anything about sacrifice or representing your country. KT before you come out and say something about how they're more patriotic than me you need to take into consideration that I represent this country every day. I have sacrificed more than they ever will for this country and get paid peanuts compared to them. They're not folk heros, they're athletes. They are paid to play a game and they are paid very well.

Posted

Yes these athletes know nothing about sacrifice, they didnt work hard to get where they are at. Me punching the clock at Home Depot every day is more American/patriotic than Team USA winning gold medals in front of hostile crowds in China with millions booing and cheering against them. Winning gold medals is easy and not important. Any American can do what they do. I betcha D Wade and LeBron couldnt punch a clock like me. Plus they get paid for the Olympics, so they owe us! Derp!

Posted

So many people look to slam most NBA players any chance they get.... I wonder why those who fit into that category even watch or follow the game?

Posted

Yes these athletes know nothing about sacrifice, they didnt work hard to get where they are at. Me punching the clock at Home Depot every day is more American/patriotic than Team USA winning gold medals in front of hostile crowds in China with millions booing and cheering against them. Winning gold medals is easy and not important. Any American can do what they do. I betcha D Wade and LeBron couldnt punch a clock like me. Plus they get paid for the Olympics, so they owe us! Derp!

I don't punch a clock at Home Depot, KT. No, I go all over the world to protect your freedom to sit here and spew racist idealogy and bigotry over the internet. That's kind of a catch 22 with my job. I don't like what you say but, between the two of us I'm the only one that's man enough to defend your right to be this way. These basketball players worked hard to play a game. They don't have to sacrifice missing the first six months of their daughter's life because, they're trying to earn a paycheck. They're not heroic, they play games for a living. Whether it be football, basketball, hockey, soccer, or golf. It doesn't matter. A player that complains about money for any purpose is a player that doesn't understand what it's like to truly sacrifice anything. I don't agree with what Dwayne Wade has said. If he's asked to represent his country in a game of basketball he should be honored to do so. At least he doens't have to worry about IEDs on the basketball court.

Posted

Disagree. They're playing a game. They don't know anything about sacrifice or representing your country. KT before you come out and say something about how they're more patriotic than me you need to take into consideration that I represent this country every day. I have sacrificed more than they ever will for this country and get paid peanuts compared to them. They're not folk heros, they're athletes. They are paid to play a game and they are paid very well.

Exactly.

Posted

Exactly.

Posted

So many people look to slam most NBA players any chance they get.... I wonder why those who fit into that category even watch or follow the game?

I wonder the same thing, also.

Posted

Hey KT, why don't you come back and question my patriotism again? B) I want to hear you talk about how these people have done more of a service to this country than me, when I punch in my time card at Home Depot Kabul.

Posted

Doesn't everyone bash players on the opposing teams? That's part of being a sports fan.