#1 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,202 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

http://profootballta...newton-leaving/

“It’s not like Atlanta. It’s not like Miami. It’s not like Los Angeles. I understand that and I know that. But it’s one of many cities in the nation that is on the rise.”
Newton added that he wants to “embrace Charlotte.”
Apart from Newton’s intentions, the reality is that the Panthers are uniquely positioned to keep him over the long haul. After the 2013 season, the Panthers (and, barring a trade, only the Panthers) can rip up his rookie deal and give him a significant raise. If he doesn’t want a significant raise at that point, he’d have to spend one more year in Charlotte at a base salary of $3.378 million, under the incredibly modest terms of a rookie deal worth a total of only $22 million over four years.
Even then, the Panthers hold an option on a fifth year, at a salary based on the average value of the five highest-paid players at his position. After that, the Panthers can use the franchise tag for as many years as they want.

Great, now our insecure fanbase is national news fodder :rolleyes:

#2 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,787 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

Thanks for posting this, cause I was really worried we might not see him in a Panthers jersey this season.

#3 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,401 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

This fanbase is filled with idiots.

#4 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

They cant even name one high profiled franchise QB that left his original team in the NFL in the prime of his career when the team WANTED to keep him. Its not possible in the NFL unless the QB demands he be traded (worth two or three first round picks) or retires.

#5 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,001 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

thread should be retitled to: "Other teams should stop worrying about Cam Newton Leaving"

#6 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

he aint going anywhere

#7 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,212 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

Who the heck is worrying about Cam leaving?

#8 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,424 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

I have never been worried about it. He is a Panther lifer and will turn the Panthers organization into a dynasty and help us win multiple championships. I have no doubt.

#9 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:19 AM

I aint gonna lie, I sorta worry about it. Guess it's because when the Hornets were here, we were never able to keep a superstar/high profile player. Zo, Grandmama, sh*t...I had gotten used to Eddie Jones and then he was shipped off lol.

#10 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

Everybody is all worked up because of LeBron. To be honest, the NBA and NFL are two different animals. In the NFL, there is a much bigger connection with the fans of a particular city, IMO.

In addition, the Cavs were never willing to put a team around LeBron. They were cheap and basically thought he could do it himself. Our front office, as much crap as it gets, is decent enough to actually build a team around Cam.

Bottom line, we shouldn't be worried.
This concludes my drunk post of the night.

#11 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,639 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:18 AM

Look ma! Another pointless PFT write-up.

I will say this, knowing 5 years ago what I know now? I'd have started PFT. All you have to do is follow Mort and Shefty on twitter...when they break something write an article. Then while nothing else is happening you can create headlines from absolutely nothing.

#12 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:21 AM

If Richardson wants him here, he will be here. The league has tha much respect for JR.

#13 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

I aint gonna lie, I sorta worry about it. Guess it's because when the Hornets were here, we were never able to keep a superstar/high profile player. Zo, Grandmama, sh*t...I had gotten used to Eddie Jones and then he was shipped off lol.

I hear what you're saying, but recognize that Jerry Richardson never has been or never will be George Shinn.

#14 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,672 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

literally no one thats not a complete vagine is actually worried about this

#15 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

Everybody is all worked up because of LeBron. To be honest, the NBA and NFL are two different animals. In the NFL, there is a much bigger connection with the fans of a particular city, IMO.

In addition, the Cavs were never willing to put a team around LeBron. They were cheap and basically thought he could do it himself. Our front office, as much crap as it gets, is decent enough to actually build a team around Cam.

Bottom line, we shouldn't be worried.
This concludes my drunk post of the night.

Cleveland spent money. More than most teams. They just sucked at it.

literally no one thats not a complete vagine is actually worried about this

That's an insult to the vagina toting among us that have kept their poo together. The "Wholly poo, Cam is Gone In A Couple Seasons" contingent seems to be made up of a bunch of dudes that got dumped or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com