71 replies to this topic

#61 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

I'm not going to get in a pissing match over college b-ball. I am making an outside observation. I have no side in UNC/Duke related arguments & avoid them like the plague. I played b-ball in high school & college & I am a UNC fan. But I'm not hell bent against Duke like most UNC/Duke fans are towards each other. My younger brother is a Duke fan & is ridiculously biased & annoying. The Panthers are the only sports team I'm truly passionate about. But here is my opinion & I'll leave it at that. I'm not gonna go back & forth out of respect, & lack of interest.

Coach K teams revolve around having 4 players on the court who can handle the ball & shoot 3's. Duke doesn't develop or utilize big men in their schemes. It's obvious when your front court coach is a 6ft pg. Duke big men are used for defense, rebounding, setting screens, & kicking the ball out to jump shooters.

Carlos Boozer & Elton Brand are examples of elite prep talent who excelled in the NBA. Zoubek, McRoberts, Thomas, Plumlee, Plumlee, & others are examples of players who were talented but have no chance of NBA success because they never developed an inside game at the collegiate level & unlike Brand & Boozer they don't have the natural ability to make it at the next level in spite of never being developed.

As for Larry Drew II, I think he could go either way this season. Regardless of what happened at UNC he still has some talent. Plus UCLA has some major weapons, Bazz is a stud. Wouldn't suprise me if Drew has a decent Sr season. Or he could have a pyschological breakdown & be buried on the bench by December. Who knows.

It's not really fair to compare Brand and Boozer to guys like Thomas, Zoubek, and Miles Plumlee because they are not in the same league. I would agree that Brand and Boozer were elite talent but Thomas, Z, and MP1 were middle of the road 4-star recruits coming in to Duke. The one thing that all of them have in common, except the most talented one in Brand, is they are all national champions.

#62 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

Duke just lost its #1 scorer, who was also their best player...they aren't going to be better than State. We should have beaten Duke last year so if the refs don't step in and foul out our three best players with 10 mins left we will should be the best team in the league.

Also...JMO but Amile Jefferson doesn't fit Duke AT ALL as a freshmen. The kid is a tweener at 3/4 because of his body and typically those guys don't typically do very well at Duke unless they are a top 2-3 player in the class...see Luol Deng. Jefferson is much more Lance Thomas coming out of HS than he is Luol Deng coming out of high school so I hope he enjoys setting screens and taking charges. Because he isn't grabbing boards or scoring over the likes of JMM, CJL, Richard Howell, and the bigs at Florida State.

The kid is going to be a bench warmer in that system unless he does 1 of 2 things:

A - Shoots 40% from beyond the arc.
B - Puts on 25lbs and becomes a force inside.

Because the bottom line is that in order to be successful in that offense you better either be a shooter or a banger...right now he is neither.

Yeah but look at the 4 guys we have next year to take his place, Murphy, Suliamon, MP3, and Jefferson. Suliamon is going to step in and fill AR's spot, the kid is the best shooter in the class and is better defensively then Rivers.

Still sounds like sour grapes, you blaming the refs. How about you blame players like Richard Howell for commiting stupid fouls that the refs have to call.

I said from the start he will be coming off the bench and he is not a one and done player. The best comparison of Jefferson is CJL, they are the same type of player. Same size and same skills, not very good outside shooters but can finish inside.

#63 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

I read he's 6'9 and 200 pounds soaking wet. McAdoo is going to eat this guy alive.

Cj Leslie is 6'8" and 208 pounds so I don't think you can look at weight and determine who will get worked. It is more about the skill level and that is something that we don't know yet.

#64 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

Yeah 20 pounds isn't much of a difference.

Duke logic lol

#65 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

Yeah 20 pounds isn't much of a difference.

Duke logic lol

I am trying to figure out your logic, JMM averaged 6ppg. against Duke last year but now he is going to not only dominate Jefferson but also MP2? By your logic since Kelly and Plumlee both are taller and weigh more they will manhandle JMM. I was trying to show you how a guy that is Jefferson's size, which is the same size as Leslie, can do work on your heels. Leslie averaged almost 19ppg and 9rpg against your heels last year.

#66 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

U forgot to mention the several loses Leslie had too

JMM is going to be on the preseason acc poy short list.

Another undersized big man headed to Durham. He'll fit right in

#67 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:13 AM

U forgot to mention the several loses Leslie had too

JMM is going to be on the preseason acc poy short list.

Another undersized big man headed to Durham. He'll fit right in

So will Curry, Mason Plumlee, and CJ Leslie so what's your point?

What makes Jefferson undersized? His weight or his height? Brice Johnson is a PF and he is 6'9" and only weighs 10 more pounds then Jefferson.

#68 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

Curry as ACC POY? LOFL!

Duke logic man!

#69 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

Curry as ACC POY? LOFL!

Duke logic man!

You know what I have learned about you? I have learned that you don't base anything you say on facts, you just throw $h!t out there and hope people buy it. Curry was All Acc 3rd team last year and was only 5 votes from being on the 2nd team, couple that with the whole 1st team and half the 2nd team bolting to the NBA then of course a senior that has gotten better each year should be considered for POY in the preseason. I am not saying he will get it but who would have thought Nolan Smith would have won it in 2010-2011 season.

#70 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

Curry as ACC POY? LOFL!

Duke logic man!

And you want to tell me that JMM who didn't even make the ACC all-freshman team is a POY candidate but a Senior who was 3rd team all ACC last year won't be? It's amazing how delusional many unc fans are.

#71 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:10 AM

And you want to tell me that JMM who didn't even make the ACC all-freshman team is a POY candidate but a Senior who was 3rd team all ACC last year won't be? It's amazing how delusional many unc fans are.

Touchdown is a F'n Moron. Why you keep feeding this idiot is a mystery. If he added anything to a conversation I'd be shocked.

#72 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

Touchdown is a F'n Moron. Why you keep feeding this idiot is a mystery. If he added anything to a conversation I'd be shocked.

Because it's fun to see what delusional/irrational statement he will come up with next.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NC State, Dook, Amile Jefferson, Kentucky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com