Photo
- - - - -

Amile Jefferson

NC State Dook Amile Jefferson Kentucky

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#41 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

Have fun setting screens...I'd much rather have Leslie back

NCSU on paper is the favorite in the ACC next season and a sleeper NC contender.

However, NCSU is extremely thin from the bench and haven't had these sort of lofty expectations in what seems like forever.

To be fair, Kentucky had almost no bench LY and they won the NC. They were also extremely lucky they didn't have any serious injuries.

Carolina was very thin last year and look what happened. KM went down and so did the NC title hopes.

To win a NC in college hoops (in every sport really), you have to be good AND lucky.

#42 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

Who has more championships?

Ouch. Duke was irrelevant until 25 years ago.

unc 5
Duke 4

4 is pretty good to only be relevant the last 25 years. How long has unc been relevant to only have 5?

#43 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

Roy has been mopping the floor with K in recruiting. It's not even close. Top 7 this year, top 3 next year.

K is a better coach though than Roy. I respect K. I love to hate him.

I'm not one of those dumbass heel fans who will say that. Roy is still a top 4 coach in NCAA though.

class rank 2005
unc 4
Duke 2

class rank 2006
unc1
Duke 4

class rank 2007
unc not ranked
Duke 6

class rank 2008
unc 5
Duke 13

class rank 2009
unc 3
Duke 8

class rank 2010
unc 4
Duke 8

class rank 2011
unc 9
Duke 2

I have to disagree with roy mopping the floor with K in recruiting, the numbers tell the real story. As far as top 3 next year that is still to be determined since 85% of the class has not signed yet.

#44 4Corners

4Corners

HUDDLER

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

class rank 2005
unc 4
Duke 2

class rank 2006
unc1
Duke 4

class rank 2007
unc not ranked
Duke 6

class rank 2008
unc 5
Duke 13

class rank 2009
unc 3
Duke 8

class rank 2010
unc 4
Duke 8

class rank 2011
unc 9
Duke 2

I have to disagree with roy mopping the floor with K in recruiting, the numbers tell the real story. As far as top 3 next year that is still to be determined since 85% of the class has not signed yet.

don't forget this year and next. Not even close.

You can use numbers to shape any argument you want, but lately UNC owns Duke in recruiting.

You should also add that several of the 2011 class players won't be with Duke this upcoming season.

Also, what was your recruiting source?

#45 4Corners

4Corners

HUDDLER

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

unc 5
Duke 4

4 is pretty good to only be relevant the last 25 years. How long has unc been relevant to only have 5?

Carolina technically has six. But it was almost 100 years ago LOL.

4 in the past 25 years is pretty good.

2 in the past 10 is better.

#46 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

don't forget this year and next. Not even close.

You can use numbers to shape any argument you want, but lately UNC owns Duke in recruiting.

You should also add that several of the 2011 class players won't be with Duke this upcoming season.

Also, what was your recruiting source?

And several players from unc's 2009 class (T.Wear, D.Wear, and J.Henson) won't be with unc this upcoming season along with several from the 2010 class (K.Marshall, and H.Barnes) so what is your point? You said roy was out recruiting K, just because players leave doesn't deminish that the coaches recruited these players and they played for the school.

As far as 2012 unc has four 4-star recruits coming in and Duke has 2 5-star recruits coming in. I don't know the class ranks yet because they haven't been updated since Jefferson signed. I use scout as my source, they do a nice job and it's easier to search without having to pay.

#47 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

Carolina technically has six. But it was almost 100 years ago LOL.

4 in the past 25 years is pretty good.

2 in the past 10 is better.

Techincally they have 5, the helms banner is only recognized by a few schools. Butler would also argue that they were national champs that year since they actually won a tournament that year. They weren't just awarded a "championship" 12 years after the fact.

#48 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

And several players from unc's 2009 class (T.Wear, D.Wear, and J.Henson) won't be with unc this upcoming season along with several from the 2010 class (K.Marshall, and H.Barnes) so what is your point? You said roy was out recruiting K, just because players leave doesn't deminish that the coaches recruited these players and they played for the school.

As far as 2012 unc has four 4-star recruits coming in and Duke has 2 5-star recruits coming in. I don't know the class ranks yet because they haven't been updated since Jefferson signed. 2013 unc has two 5-star recruits signed and Duke has one 5-star recruit signed but like I said 85% of the class is still unsigned so a lot will change. I am not using the numbers to shape my argument, I am just giving you the facts. I use scout as my source, they do a nice job and it's easier to search without having to pay.

#49 4Corners

4Corners

HUDDLER

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

I think both of those wear brothers were mcdonalds AA. Are they at cal or ucla now?

PS Bigcatdaddy: I read an article on the CO today that projected Jefferson as a bench player, so Ill concede that argument with you. They got Kelly starting over him. Jefferson may not start but I promise you if duke wants to make a NC run, Jefferson will be starting and Kelly off the bench by January

Kelly is a scrub man y'all know this. He's also a mouth breather.

#50 SN03

SN03

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:28 AM

Another 5* big for Wojo to derail. If you are a wing player with an outside shot Duke is the place to be. However, Durham is where bigs set screens & fade into the oblivion. If I were an inside player I would avoid coach K & Duke like the plague.