Photo
- - - - -

So Why Is The Death Penalty A Good Idea Again?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
81 replies to this topic

#76 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

This is one issue I am truly on the fence with:

my pro CP view:

Some cases are cut and dry, confessions, etc. that would allow for unquestionable guilt. These people should be subject to CP. Less financial burden on society, less threat of repeat offense...

my anti CP view:

Most cases aren't so cut and dry. Innocents fall victim to circumstance. The government shouldn't be in the business of murder. Some criminals are products of their environment, which is due in most part to this country's political and financial institutions.

The only happy medium I can think of is to, in those cases where quilt is cut and dry, allow those affected by the crime to dole out the deathblow if that is their desire. I think you'd have about 50/50 odds that those people would be content with letting the criminal rot (in uncomfortable conditions) as opposed to taking a life. Most people realize that a "life for a life" mentality is a tad bit hypocritical but, again, I think it should be up to those affected by the crime to levy the punishment.

#77 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

Capital Punishment is as much of a deterrent for crime as taking away people's guns is a deterrent

Crazy people will still be crazy

Amidoinitrite?????

#78 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

HUDDLER

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

Omg a shooting. Take away their guns (except when the cops/gubmint does it, then it's awesome)

#79 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

I never said CP was a deterrent...

#80 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

Our court system is far too flawed for me to consider the death penalty to be a viable option. Even if our system were perfect, I wouldn't feel comfortable with a person's fate being decided by a wave of angry emotion from a jury and endorsed by disconnected politicians.

#81 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

Typical liberal jibberish.

Perfection cannot be acheived in anything in life.

Cannot touch abortion because someone, somewhere might have been raped. So, lets kill millions of unborn for convenience for the sake of not ever having to say that one person had to endure something less than perfection. None of the unborn can ever have a story written by the press, or showcased by libs for their own ends like the one in a million mistakes can.

So now, just turn your head for all the crimes that are slam dunks for people who should not be on death row over a month, much less 10 years, because a mistake was made.

Credible libs would want to fix what happened in the case above, not throw out the whole system.

As an unapologetic capitalist, I don't want my government to have the lawful power to execute its citizens.

Just as I don't want it prohibiting women from having abortions.

#82 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

HUDDLER

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:12 AM

Sentence killers to hard labor for the rest of their lives. That should cut down on killings.

But then the bleeding hearts would say that's too harsh of a penalty.