Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARSEN

Anyone Knows How Much Cpi Charges For Surveillance And Surround Sound Installations

24 posts in this topic

Shouldnt even take two hours. The security system piggy backs off the phone line. When it gets an alarm, it seizes the phone line, using it to call out to the monitoring company. All they're going to have to do is install the panel, sensors, and the accompanying wire.

Well, no I kind of can estimate the cost. They better give me a good deal.

Hey it's a great idea to get a home surveillance system. Now a days, if you get robbed your usually gonna be SOL.

I pay 40/month for the cell backup service.

mt buddy got robbed like two weeks ago and get some real nice stuff taken from him. 2 days later he had a home surveillance system installed.

I pay 40/month for the cell backup service.

So, you must have some really good stuff inside.

*makes notes*

Security system is not enough these days. I will either get surveillance system from cpi or I will install one myself. I can get a decent system for $500.

My wife and I just closed on our first home and ADT is coming out Thursday. We are only having one sensor installed, but it's well-placed strategically to cover most of the first floor area. I wasn't aware people had more than one installed, as this is my first rodeo with this... I may have another installed later, but it probably isn't necessary because we're in a pretty nice area with plenty of neighbors.

But, for the system, the install was completely free and with a phone line (being installed Weds.) the monthly monitoring fee is only $35 a month.

The only money we're having to pay up front is for an add-on we asked for that monitors for fire and the smoke detectors as well... That's making the install $170 (all of that is for the fire monitoring part itself).

IMO, they are so worth what you pay. Just having the sign in your yard is a deterrent, but if anyone was ever dumb enough to break in then they'll be making their way back out pretty quickly b/c I've heard the alarm is pretty loud.

I have about 8 wireless sensors for glass breaks and 2 for the doors. I love the alarm.com app as well.

Edit: Previous owners installed all of it, and I was told it was a pretty penny for them to do so.

The audible alarm is what deters most thiefs.

How much is a monthly payment for CPI InTouch?

Ok, I got 1 inside home surveillance camera and got prewiring for surround sound all for $375. CPI was charging $1225-$2325 for their surround sound speakers and the same speakers sold on amazon for $500.