Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KissMyConverse

Alex Smith Had Some Choice Words About Mr. Newton.

300 posts in this topic

Smith does have a point, but he should've ended it at "they don't mean a thing." Calling out Cam and the Panthers was gratuitous, especially when Cam has done more in his rookie year than Smith has in 7 years.

Do we play them next year?

We play the Niners at BOFA in the 2013-2014 season.

I don't why everyone is so butthurt, he does have a point. He isn't attacking Cam, he is attacking our defense by basically saying Cam is playing catch up all day inflating stats instead of buckling down, playing smart protecting a lead score. It means out offense, kicks ass being able to catch up and inflate stats like we did, signs the problem is obviously wit the defense.

It is not what he said but how he said it. He minimized what Cam did to make himself look better.

Hope we see them post-season.

Can we get a link to these comments please?

Yeah....only Carolina had the lead in the 2nd half of just about every game.

So what point does Smith have?

Pssssst... He kinda has a point

The way I remember it was our injury plauged Defense and horrid special teams play lost us games not Cam. Kind of the opposite could be said for the niners. Their stellar D and special teams won them games not Alex Smith.

Oh no, Alex Smith said something negative.

I'm wondering why y'all care.

Cam Newton threw more yards in the first half than he did the second half.

He is right, yards in general are overrated and overstated. YPA and efficiency are more key. And guess what? Newton, sans turnovers, was pretty efficient last season. 4.1 TD% (5.4 if you include rushing carriers, TDs), 7.8 Y/A, 60.0 CMP%.

Oh no, Alex Smith said something negative.

I'm wondering why y'all care.

Tell us, why don't you?

This comes from a game manager, not a QB, a game manager...In addition, their defense kept them in games. We didn't lose games because our offense couldn't score. Our QB put us in situations to win, however there were times that our offense could've sustained a few more drives, but our defense fell short, not Cam.

I thought Cam struggled in many 4th quarters last year. Or was I watching a different Cam Newton play?

Probably a different team too. I remember terrible defense giving away leads and 30 yard bomb plays when we only needed a yard on 3rd down.