Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will Cam Get The C?

117 votes

1. 1. Will Cam be a Captain?

• Yes
    • No
    • No and not even next year

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Pretty simple question, do you think the team will vote Cam as a captain?

Yea you have guys like Smitty and Gross, one would have to lose it, but when you have a QB this good, they're normally a captain.

So does it happen this year or going into next?

Can't see it getting beyond that

Posted · Report post

Not yes, but fug yes. This is judging by the comments of Ron Rivera, describing his leadership qualities and actions

Posted · Report post

I think he will, but wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen just yet.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I think that either Smith or Gross will gladly give it up in order to solidify Cams leadership growth spread throughout the team.

Posted · Report post

Cam Newton & Jordan Gross will be the offensive captains, in my opinion. That's in no way a knock on Steve Smith. I don't think he's been a captain in the past because of his vocal leadership. In my opinion it was more of a sign as to how much his teammates respect & admire him. Anyone close to this team knows that Gross has been a cornerstone player & leader for many years now. Cam is a natural born leader & you could tell this was his team from day one. His teammates all gravitate towards him. Pair that with Ron Rivera's numerous offseason remarks praising Cam saying he is growing into the leadership role & it's fairly obvious. I think Cam & Rivera both wanted him to get through his rookie season then come in this offseason & really step up as the undoubted leader. In my opinion that's exactly what will happen between now & week 1.

Jon Beason is the undoubted leader of the defense. If I had to guess I'd say Gamble gets the other Captain patch. If not him either Johnson, Davis, or Anderson. Not too sure to be honest.

Posted · Report post

i could def see smith sort of donning the captain title to cam.

Posted · Report post

i could def see smith sort of donning the captain title to cam.

Smith has always been a badass....not much of a history of being a real leader. More of a loner that gets the C out of default

Posted · Report post

Definitely. This team lives and dies with him. Would it set some sort of record, like being the first second-year player to get the C?

Posted · Report post

he's only been in one year....

Posted · Report post

Kind of a toss-up when you think about it. The answer that comes to mind is "obviously" but I can see it going to some of the other guys (such as Smith, etc).

Posted · Report post

he should be

Posted · Report post

First off... Damn it took awhile to scroll down to somebody with at least 1000 votes... Lots of new people here.

Secondly, this is a joke right?

He'll get the C this year. My feeling is that both Gross and Smitty will argue about who will give their C up... Friendly argument of course. This is a no brainer! I'm a little disappointed in anyone that thinks otherwise quite frankly