Photo
- - - - -

Steve Smith a Diva?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#1 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

I was listening to NFL radio today and the topic was Diva Wide Receivers. It didn't take long for Steve Smith's name to come up and Amani Toomer said no doubt he was a Diva. He cited a game in 2008 when Steve was standing at midfield before the game pacing and talking to himself. He also brought up the punching of Ken Lucas which he thought happened during a game...

What do you guys think? I've never thought of Steve as a Diva. He's a complete nut, that is for certain but he doesn't fit the Terrel Owens/Chad Johnson mold. He's never bent the team over for money. He is a family man. Played with terrible Quarterbacks for most of his career and thanked them all when he hit 10,000 yards. He never threw Jake under the bus, he never publicly called out Jimmy. He does celebrate just about every catch he makes but it's more about energy than entertainment in recent years.

Like I said Steve can be crazy but he doesn't fall into a category. He is one of a kind.

#2 Mage

Mage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

If the term "diva" is another word for Napoleon complex, then yes Smith is a diva.

Otherwise, no. Even the above might not be true anymore. He has cooled down a lot the past couple of years.

#3 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:21 PM

I was listening to NFL radio today and the topic was Diva Wide Receivers. It didn't take long for Steve Smith's name to come up and Amani Toomer said no doubt he was a Diva. He cited a game in 2008 when Steve was standing at midfield before the game pacing and talking to himself. He also brought up the punching of Ken Lucas which he thought happened during a game...

What do you guys think? I've never thought of Steve as a Diva. He's a complete nut, that is for certain but he doesn't fit the Terrel Owens/Chad Johnson mold. He's never bent the team over for money. He is a family man. Played with terrible Quarterbacks for most of his career and thanked them all when he hit 10,000 yards. He never threw Jake under the bus, he never publicly called out Jimmy. He does celebrate just about every catch he makes but it's more about energy than entertainment in recent years.

Like I said Steve can be crazy but he doesn't fall into a category. He is one of a kind.

If talking to yourself = dominance, I think im gonna take a cue from Steve Smith.

#4 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
Guests

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

Diva is another fuging overrated term that get's thrown around in sports too much.

#5 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

Does he play wide receiver?

If so, there's a pretty good chance the answer is "yes".

#6 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Honorary Honeydick Member

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

Steve has SPS (short person syndrome) it's a devastating disorder causing you to be extra manly and mean all at the same time.....I know several small people that have this disorder and I hope Smitty never finds a cure.

#7 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

Armanti Toomer has proven to be a little bitch himself.. Diva too good to be associated with...

#8 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

HUDDLER

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

No. Aloof maybe, but not a diva.

#9 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

HUDDLER

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

Smith is avg human height

Yeah yeah yeah football standards

#10 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:30 PM

Isn't a male a Divo and a female a Diva?

Are you calling Steve Smith a beeyatch?