<

Photo
- - - - -

down goes Chase Daniel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#16 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

PFT is suggesting that Brees will go right down to training camp before signing.

http://profootballta...he-last-minute/

Didn't read the link... But I mean why wouldn't he? Gets a fatter contract that way, and loses nothing. It's not like he's a rookie. He knows what he has to do to be ready. And he will be.

If u askme he deserves the money for not only what he does on the field, but he'll also be the HC of this team for all intents and purposes.

They're only screwing themselves over in the long run by not getting him signed. If anything we should be thanking the Saints*' front office.

#17 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

HUDDLER

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

Brees will be playing for the Saints* this year week one without a doubt. The question is, is he going to actually put in any effort while being displeased.

#18 big_d

big_d

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

I don't wish inuries on anybody, even the dumbass Saints***... but it does please me to know their fans are freaking out.

It's known as Karma and it has bitten a deserving team right in their azzes.

#19 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

Brees will be playing for the Saints** this year week one without a doubt. The question is, is he going to actually put in any effort while being displeased.

he'd be stupid and unnecessarily reckless to put himself at risk for a long term and career ending injury without long term guaranteed pay.

problem is, he should have had a "don't franchise me" clause put into his contract to begin with. i honestly can't blame the weasel for protecting himself from unnecessary risk by holding out til at least the end of training camp.

#20 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

It's known as Karma and it has bitten a deserving team right in their azzes.

agreed with this. if any team deserves injury, it's the Saints*.

#21 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

I'm not going to celebrate any injury on another team... bad karma.

#22 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

Brees has all of the leverage, he will get his.

No Lomis, No Defense, No opening day HC, no viable QB on the roster, and he's not under contract.

Yup, he holds all the cards here.

#23 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

Administrators

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

What happens when July 16 comes and goes with no contract? Those of you who have read the CBA, talk to me.

#24 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

HUDDLER

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

he'd be stupid and unnecessarily reckless to put himself at risk for a long term and career ending injury without long term guaranteed pay.

problem is, he should have had a "don't franchise me" clause put into his contract to begin with. i honestly can't blame the weasel for protecting himself from unnecessary risk by holding out til at least the end of training camp.

hed still make bank this year from the tag. it wouldn't exactly be a non worthwhile risk, he's just not going to be getting like 80 mil guaranteed like he wants.

he could afford to stink it up, the Saints* wouldnt resign him and another team would pay him whatever he's demanding. if we didnt have cam i'd be willing for us to drop that kind of money on him. dude is a great quarterback.

#25 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

HUDDLER

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#26 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

hed still make bank this year from the tag. it wouldn't exactly be a non worthwhile risk, he's just not going to be getting like 80 mil guaranteed like he wants.

he could afford to stink it up, the Saints** wouldnt resign him and another team would pay him whatever he's demanding. if we didnt have cam i'd be willing for us to drop that kind of money on him. dude is a great quarterback.

what he'd make on the tag would be enough for my family to live on for the rest of our lives easily, but it's certainly a whole lot less than what he could be making. i really don't think it would be worth the risk for him, esp. considering his history with the tag.