Photo
- - - - -

What's our kicking situation this year?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
57 replies to this topic

#51 KillerKat

KillerKat

To Hell With Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

"I don't understand math so since they both missed 6 field goals, they must be equal!"

#52 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

Blessed.

HUDDLER

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

Getting rid of Kasay was the right move. Hopefully, Mare pans out but we've got competition at that spot now so if he messes up, he'll be replaced quickly. Competition is great and brings out the best in people. Hopefully it does Mare

#53 redbuddha

redbuddha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

He missed to the left because he took a shallow entry angle to the ball. Its just like golf, look has his alignment to the ball. There was no way he could have made it.

#54 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

Medlock is a decent cat. The only reason I don't want him kicking for us is because I went to high school with the guy and everyone in my home town will be wearing panthers jerseys after they see him in the Super Bowl next year and then people will see me and assume I'm only a panthers fan cuz of Justin too and then I'll get approached by someone saying do you know Justin Medlock is that why you are a panthers fan and then I'll have to choke somebody out. That will be all bad.

#55 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

HUDDLER

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

I'm not pleased with Mare, especially with what we're paying him. Personally, I'd be willing to take a lost on his contract if the Medlock is that much better. I've heard he's been kicking 60+ yarders...

#56 vorbis

vorbis

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

Mare's performance last season as a placekicker was unacceptable. Anybody who watched Panthers games last season can tell you that. He offered no bonus on attempting longer field goals, missing both his 50+ attempts, and missed standard FG's that high school kickers can make at extremely crucial moments. His performance in kickoffs was very solid.

Mare has had a long career of uneven, but mostly above average production, so it's not like this past season was an aberration. He has made an average of 84% of field goals between 30-39 yards for his career, and missed 2 huge ones in that range last season. I'm sure Rivera would say he expects a higher than 84% success rate on 30something yard FGs. That is supposed to be money for a high-salaried kicker.

You would hope that paying a veteran premium kicker salary would give you consistency if nothing else, and that is where Mare failed to perform the most last season.

#57 CarolinaSock

CarolinaSock

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

All of Kasey's misses were outside 40 yards. Mare missed 3 inside 40 yards. Barring a strong wind, inside 40 should be automatic.

#58 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

You should learn how percentages work.

It doesn't matter if they both missed 6 field goals. Kasay attempted and made more. Therefore his percentage is higher and better than Mare's.

Im sorry you're math is only on a 3rd grade level.

And your reading comprehension is that of a 2 year old. ( I really shouldn't insult 2 yo's like that..) I don't care about percentages, they missed the same amount of field goals. Never did I say any of the comments you're implying. The point was that they both missed field goals. I'm sure the Saints* fans are livid that he missed that many like Panthers fans around here.... (sarcasm in case you can't understand that last sentence.)

They miss field goals and it's understandable. That's the point.