#61 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

How is that different from what the Panthers did last season? They beat a handful of piss poor teams and one playoff team who was on their 3rd quaterback. People are saying the Panthers are a playoff team this season. I don't see it, not with their DL and DB's. I think the rest of the NFC South has improved while the Panthers added a......fullback.

the difference is that I feel we may have loss against playoff caliber teams, but we played them damn close damn near to the end. Also the Bucs didn't have their main guys on DEF on IR, with a new rookie HC after a locked out season, starting a rookie QB. that 10-6 team was Morris second year.

That fullback is a beast and adds to an already very good offense.

The DEF will get better, I have faith in what RR is doing, with a full offseason, and with the key additions we have added, that defense will look nothing like it did last year. Our Dline played better the last 6 games, minus the Saints* game ( they do have a dominate O line),

Only thing Im worried about is the DB position, but with a better pass rush, and hopefully LBers that can actually drop and cover, will help out in the pass DEF ( Beason and Luke), a lot of those big plays that we gave up through the air was on short crossing routes, screens and play action ( that fooled the LBers and SS/FS).

Rivera wasn't able to field a DEF and have them learn the system on such a short offseason, but he has that now.

I know Im all over the place but I'm watching the Finals.

#62 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

the DL was nothing to write home about of course but the linebacker play was atrocious as well more often than not.

i mean how many times did the falcons kill us on the same stretch play that they knew connor couldn't beat them to the edge on? watching that game again there were multiple occasions where turner, mughelli, and snelling ran into a crowd of linebackers and broke free into the secondary. that's not going to be happening with beason and kuechly on the field. like it wasn't even that they were trying to shed blocks and make a play - more like a back ran straight into them and just rolled through.

our safeties are pretty bad but putting even an adequate corner across from gamble would make a big difference in pass D. gamble was easily top five in the entire league per PFF while munnerlyn was literally the second worst CB in the entire league according to the same source.

again i can't sing the praises of this article enough. really sheds some light on things:
http://www.profootba...e-2011-numbers/

#63 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

Didn't we jump out to a huge lead vs. the Lions and our D gave up like 40 pts?

#64 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

Yeah I was watching Rewind, and some things still bothers me about how our DEF gave up crucial yardage every damn drive.

#65 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,284 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

I believe we can achieve 10 wins this season

#66 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,459 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

Last year we were 1-7 in games decided by 7 or fewer points. With an improved defense just by getting injured people back and with time to actually install the defense you could assume we would have split these games. That would have given us a 9-7 record last year. So the idea that we could win 9 games this year and contend for the division is surely not far fetched even with the schedule. Will we? Too early to say.....

#67 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,747 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

Better than last year's.

That's as far as I'm willing to go this early in the year.

#68 mintal

mintal

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

I always go into the season expecting a perfect season. I know it won't happen, (I'm not stupid) but to not expect them to win somehow spoils the fun of fandom. I'll be happy with a big improvement and reason to look to the future...

#69 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

I always go into the season expecting a perfect season. I know it won't happen, (I'm not stupid) but to not expect them to win somehow spoils the fun of fandom. I'll be happy with a big improvement and reason to look to the future...

preach it.

#70 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,656 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

Playoff berth this season, watch the fu*k out in 2013. Problem, League?

#71 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

I say Atlanta squeaks out the division title with an 11 and 5 record.

We get a wildcard berth with a 9-7 record, but end up making it further than Atlanta in the playoffs.

#72 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

3-1 against the AFC West (only loss on the road to the Chiefs)
2-2 against the NFC East (losses to Philly and Dallas....ugh)
3-3 against the NFC South (undefeated at home, winless on the road)
0-1 against Chicago
1-0 against Seattle

9-7 (7-1 at home, 2-6 on the road....which shows our youth and ability to finish games)

Miss the playoffs as the first team out in the NFC behind Philly, Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, and San Fran

#73 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,104 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

I hope we win all 8 in Charlotte. We got to take the house back damnit.

#74 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

@Bucs - Win
Saints*- Win
Giants-Loss
@Falcons- Loss
Seahawks- Win
Cowboys- Loss
@Bears- Loss
@Redskins- Win
Broncos- Loss
Bucs- Win
@Eagles- Loss
@Chiefs- Win
Falcons- Loss
@Chargers- Loss
Raiders- Win
@Saints*- Loss

This is me trying to be as pessimistic as possible. 7-9

I'm still exited for next season though and hope we can get into the playoffs

#75 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,692 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

ten wins is a reasonable expectation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.