#61 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,362 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

Just keep all three (Tolbert, Williams, Stewart) for crying out loud, the NFL is suited better for multi-back systems anyway, especially with all of this talk about concussions and players digressing at the age of 30.

#62 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,276 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

I think releasing DWill is a little excessive. Restructure would be more the norm.

We need to sticky this so people can get off the DWill is too expensive train.

Situation matters in regards to what is expensive.

Williams could easily be the 3rd best option to put on the field at RB.....name a team who owes that kind of guaranteed money to the 3rd best overall option.

#63 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,276 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

Just keep all three (Tolbert, Williams, Stewart) for crying out loud, the NFL is suited better for multi-back systems anyway, especially with all of this talk about concussions and players digressing at the age of 30.

Multi back system is about not spending or investing heavily in a backfield.

Passing league. No other team is paying 2 RBs.....and they don't have the added bonus of Cam.

#64 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,362 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

I highly doubt they release Williams, people on this board really underestimate J.R.'s cap management skills. He has a specific gift that allows him to move money around very easily and without a lot of feelings getting hurt.

Regardless of you feel about him personally, he is one of the best owners in the NFL at managing the salary cap.

#65 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

stewart's smart for not wanting to deal right now.

carolina's already on the hook for a deal equivalent to what they paid williams.

if stewart puts up good numbers this season, he'd be leaving money on the table (with carolina or any other team) by signing an extension right now.

#66 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,765 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

None of the remaining money from D-Will's contract is guaranteed money. Chill. I see a restructure coming.

#67 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,362 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

Passing league. No other team is paying 2 RBs.....and they don't have the added bonus of Cam.

While seeing Cam run is fun, it's not in the Panthers best interest to see him jumping over pylons for the rest of his career.

Money is slightly tied up right now with the running back situation, but that is something that can be easily fixed by re-structuring a few contracts.

#68 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

There is a lot that I don't understand about the Huddle. First, we get a post saying Stew wants more than DWill, and that is reading between the lines big time.

Then, we learn that Williams may be our 3rd best option on the field, when in fact, he had equal or better stats than Stewart in nearly every category. Stewart had more receiving yards, but that could easily swing the other way next year, as DWill has historically been viewed as the better receiving back of the two.

Sometimes I feel like I am watching different games than everyone else, and also apparently suffer from poor reading comprehension.

#69 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,276 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

None of the remaining money from D-Will's contract is guaranteed money. Chill. I see a restructure coming.

Williams isn't going to restructure 1 yr into his deal

#70 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,765 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

Williams isn't going to restructure 1 yr into his deal

He needs to

#71 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,194 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

not buying that because no one else is doing it, we shouldn't and that isn't some stuck in the past foxball mentality either that is resistant to change.

i see what the panthers are doing and how it can be better than anyone else. i don't see them taking the team and trying to be the pats or the Saints* with a QB that can run. i see them being a team that will beat you on the ground or in the air and that will make you choose your poison and i see that happening with a different cast of players than what is the norm.

screw this passing league crap or any one dimensional brand of football. do it all and cram it all down their throats. break the rules. forget following trends and start your own, do your own thing.

we should work with what we have and build around it and make this team better than anyones. we have a better group of ball runners than any other team in the league. we have a QB with one of the best arms in the league. we have a young up and coming group of WRs that should provide our QB with plenty of solid options that defenses will have to choose between trying to shut them down or try and stop the run game that is always possible. 34. 28, and tolbert provide this team and cam with a ton of options that can wear out defenses and get this team down the field and into the endzone.

i just see no reason that we should put an end to that if we can keep all of these guys and still keep growing as a team and win more games.

#72 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,276 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

While seeing Cam run is fun, it's not in the Panthers best interest to see him jumping over pylons for the rest of his career.

Money is slightly tied up right now with the running back situation, but that is something that can be easily fixed by re-structuring a few contracts.

It is the there best interest to let him run now.... Double Trouble wont even be disussed around here when it is time to pull Cam from the ground work.

#73 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

Say What!! Ummm are you high. Atleast 20 million of the money on the 43 mill. contract still is guaranteed. Most of it comes comes up front for the first 3 years of the contract. The rest is much smaller amounts after. Don't see how you get that there no more guaranteed money left. He has plenty left that they must pay him.

#74 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

How is he on a downward slope? I haven't seen much of that. He is still a good RB with years left in the tank. Watch and see Dwill break out this year. You will change your tune.

I'm just saying, approaching age 30 and given that kind of money..but i agree and truly hope he has a fantastic year.

#75 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,362 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

It is the there best interest to let him run now.... Double Trouble wont even be disussed around here when it is time to pull Cam from the ground work.

Risking an injury to Newton is not the brightest thing you have suggested, I have no problem with him scrambling but the designed plays that have him getting nailed at the line of scrimmage probably isn't in the best interest of the Panthers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com