weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

A La Peyton Manning?

Interesting concept, especially if down the road Cam learns the offensive system and realizes how he can exploit defenses. I know he isn't close to being able to do this, but who else could better understand what the defense is doing, especially while running a no huddle offense, than the QB?

Like I said, interesting concept to think about. I'm not sure if it will be feasible. Anyway, discuss.

#2 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

Not yet. Maybe someday.

#3 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

He is intelligent enough to accomplish it someday, it's too early right now I believe.

#4 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

Maybe, but in all honesty . . . I hated that Peyton Manning offense when it was at it's height with the 13 dummy calls and fake hikes. Effective, but not effective enough to endure all that.

Please just snap the ball at some point.

#5 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,242 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

I think he could...

But it wouldn't look the same. He could do it with the spread option as his base

#6 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,407 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

Maybe, but in all honesty . . . I hated that Peyton Manning offense when it was at it's height with the 13 dummy calls and fake hikes. Effective, but not effective enough to endure all that.

I found that really obnoxious as well, and don't feel that all the pre-snap stuff did all that much to confuse the good defenses. Peyton is effective because he's damn good, not for all the shenanigans at the line of scrimmage. He is also one of the best at play-action fakes, something Cam also does very well for a young guy.

#7 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

In the years to come people will be asking if (insert qb name) will be able to run the offense like Cam.

He may very well become the prototype everyone is measured against.

No pressure.

#8 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,972 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

Sure, why not?

He was able to grasp a pretty complex offense as a rookie without the benefit of a full offseason, so he might be one of the few guys that has the mental capacity to run the whole offense.

The real question is whether or not the coaches would ever let him do that, I can see advantages and disadvantages... sometimes it's better to have a second pair of eyes in a booth way above the field calling the plays based on what he sees from his vantage point.

#9 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,588 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

And only one superbowl to show for all that crap.

#10 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

And only one superbowl to show for all that crap.

And they actually won the superbowl the year he played his worst in the postseason:

70.5 quarterback rating.
3 touchdowns and 7 picks
no game with more passing tds than picks.

Team game and all that.

#11 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

Peyton Manning? I don't know.

Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers? Very likely.

#12 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:04 PM

Absolutely. He is way to good in the spread not to.

#13 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,389 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

I don't know of any other QB (Including Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc) that could do what Peyton does. And no, Eli doesn't really do what Peyton does either.

But realistically, we don't need him to be able to do that. As long as he can run a two-minute drill, we're good.

#14 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

It makes me all giddy when I think about the Panthers in the Super Bowl once again, this time with a win.

#15 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,580 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

Sure, why not?

He was able to grasp a pretty complex offense as a rookie without the benefit of a full offseason, so he might be one of the few guys that has the mental capacity to run the whole offense.

The real question is whether or not the coaches would ever let him do that, I can see advantages and disadvantages... sometimes it's better to have a second pair of eyes in a booth way above the field calling the plays based on what he sees from his vantage point.

Also, Chud and Shula had Cam run the offense without the benefit of one of those wrist band cheat sheets. Cam's a smart dude.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.